Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 9:14 AM   
 By:   George Flaxman   (Member)

Just listening to Episode 17 of Goldsmith Odyssey featuring Leigh Phillips talking about reconstructing episode scores for albums Thriller and Thriller 2. This podcast was released in Feb 2019 and Thriller 3 was mentioned as a possible Kickstarter project to cover the remaining Goldsmith episodes and padded out with some Morton Stevens scores for the series.

I just searched Kickstarter but could not find any such project. As this is now a year and a quarter past does anyone have any info they can add ?. Is this really likely to happen. There doesn't appear to be any Goldsmith project underway.

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 11:29 AM   
 By:   LeighPhillips   (Member)

Just listening to Episode 17 of Goldsmith Odyssey featuring Leigh Phillips talking about reconstructing episode scores for albums Thriller and Thriller 2. This podcast was released in Feb 2019 and Thriller 3 was mentioned as a possible Kickstarter project to cover the remaining Goldsmith episodes and padded out with some Morton Stevens scores for the series.

I just searched Kickstarter but could not find any such project. As this is now a year and a quarter past does anyone have any info they can add ?. Is this really likely to happen. There doesn't appear to be any Goldsmith project underway.

I really would like nothing more than to run a KS for Thriller 3 (in point of fact, I complied the cue, and instrument, lists a few months ago - these include 3 Stevens scores). The only thing that's been preventing me from looking at it is my workload; for the last year or so it has been quite relentless.

There are a few things which need sorting out before anything can happen; such as a quote from James (that's if he's interested in finishing the "cycle", of course - if I'm honest, I wouldn't be keen on recording with another team, or ensemble), and blocking out the time to do it.

We'll have to see how it goes - but never say never with this one.

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 11:57 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

The Tadlow recordings of Jerry Goldsmith's Thriller scores are true gems; count me in for round 3. They scores themselves are every bit as good as Goldsmith's more famous film scores and belong to the finest TV music, while the recordings are top notch.

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 12:18 PM   
 By:   MRAUDIO   (Member)

If THRILLER 3 includes any Stevens material, I'm in...:-)

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 12:42 PM   
 By:   CCOJOE   (Member)

This is an instant buy for me. Of course, I'm in!!

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 12:53 PM   
 By:   George Flaxman   (Member)

I really would like nothing more than to run a KS for Thriller 3 (in point of fact, I complied the cue, and instrument, lists a few months ago - these include 3 Stevens scores). The only thing that's been preventing me from looking at it is my workload; for the last year or so it has been quite relentless.

There are a few things which need sorting out before anything can happen; such as a quote from James (that's if he's interested in finishing the "cycle", of course - if I'm honest, I wouldn't be keen on recording with another team, or ensemble), and blocking out the time to do it.

Maybe you could also include the cue from The Poisoner that you regretted not including originally ?.

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 1:14 PM   
 By:   LeighPhillips   (Member)

Maybe you could also include the cue from The Poisoner that you regretted not including originally ?.

Probably not - the albums were never really designed to be comprehensive; simply representative. We’re happy, overall, with the way 1 & 2 turned out, so won’t be going back to plug any gaps (otherwise we’d have to lose some vol 3 material in order to accommodate)