Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 4, 2020 - 6:48 PM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

Original sounds fine - I happen to to be all for dynamic range and no compression. smile

However, this particular soundtrack has a bit of extra Shawn Murphy bass. I typically love his mixes but it’s a bit bloated and the bass is a too much at times and doesn’t play nicely with my Thiel 3.6s, despite extensive bass traps in my room.

Likely a creative decision which will remain unchanged. Won’t complain if the sonics are improved though. Either way, can’t wait.

Yeah, one of the more curious Murphy mixes, like a preview of his weirdly bad early 21st century.

Posted:   Aug 4, 2020 - 6:49 PM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

I will definitely miss MCA's neat 1995 picture disc CDs as well.

Posted:   Aug 5, 2020 - 9:34 AM   
 By:   Nathan Erickson   (Member)

Picked this up along with a sale copy of "The Pagemaster"!

Also to the folks at La-La - the link for "Casper" under the headlines section goes to a "404 Error - Page not found" when you click it. Just wanted you guys to know!

Posted:   Aug 5, 2020 - 11:05 AM   
 By:   richsto   (Member)

Just wanted to pass along kudos to the great customer service at LLL - computer (user?) errors caused a multiple order mess and Matt got me all squared away with what I needed.

Will be the proud recipient of Casper, The Pagemaster and Searching for Bobby Fischer. smile

Thanks LLL!!!

Posted:   Aug 6, 2020 - 12:19 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

One of the first CDs I ever received was the original soundtrack for this movie. As full as that album was, the cue 'The Doctor is In' is selling me on the new release. Just delightful.

Posted:   Aug 6, 2020 - 1:48 PM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

"The Doctor Is In" scene in on youtube, BTW

Earlier, longer version with full song:

Later version with the song removed: