Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 18, 2020 - 7:38 PM   
 By:   Grecchus   (Member)

Sorry, Mike. You did mention the hi-res stuff during the video talk. It does seem, however, that going the extra mile (with the analog material seemingly off limits nowadays), in the sense that nobody really wants to bother with it if they don't have to, is down to the simple expedience brought about by the big P. That's the crux of where I'm coming from, because as you point out very clearly and eloquently; times, how they have changed. Thank you for replying. On that note, I'll give my gnashing teeth a rest. Of course, it is great this score has been wheeled out because God knows, the sound of music is thin on the ground at best.

To my mind, the last big contemporary scores were for the likes of Jackson's King Kong and such like. Broadly speaking.

Posted:   Oct 18, 2020 - 7:41 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

My copy is being held back by Children of the Damned, but should ship soon. I predict an epic day of music in the near future.

Posted:   Oct 22, 2020 - 1:25 PM   
 By:   king mark   (Member)

Last few tracks of Disk 1 unplayable and skips when I try to rip it because of scratches on the edge of disk .The scratches are actually small so I'm surprised.

I heard a few people had that exact problem and it might be a defective batch?

I asked SAE for replacement disk I hope they accommodate me or do I have to ask Intrada even if I didn't buy it there directly?

Posted:   Oct 23, 2020 - 1:09 PM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Haven’t noticed any issues with my set. I’ve listened to it about 4 times and it sounds great. I realized that I never actually listened to the prologue and epilogue on the older album since the dialogue bugged me. I love having those tracks clean now.
Great set. Much better in expanded form.