Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 20, 2020 - 4:02 PM   
 By:   steffromuk   (Member)

As a LP lover and a Goldsmith fan, I can not understand why Quartet decided to fill up the 3rd disc with the original album instead of the source and alternate cues that are on the 2CD.
Space on LP is precious because it's limited. Putting tracks twice on such an expensive collectible is in my opinion a waste of audio space (even if the film version sounds slightly different than the album, in this case the difference is so small that putting the two versions of these tracks makes no editorial sense).
In consequence I pre-ordered the 2CD set instead (which I missed the first time it was released).

Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 7:09 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

As a LP lover and a Goldsmith fan, I can not understand why Quartet decided to fill up the 3rd disc with the original album instead of the source and alternate cues that are on the 2CD.
Space on LP is precious because it's limited. Putting tracks twice on such an expensive collectible is in my opinion a waste of audio space (even if the film version sounds slightly different than the album, in this case the difference is so small that putting the two versions of these tracks makes no editorial sense).
In consequence I pre-ordered the 2CD set instead (which I missed the first time it was released).

100% (except the part about buying the CD again)

Posted:   Nov 22, 2020 - 8:06 AM   
 By:   ghost of 82   (Member)

You're absolutely right, but in their defence it may have been a licensee requirement, in just the same way as expanded CD editions have to include original albums on a second disc, maybe even on this vinyl edition they had to ensure the original album was on it.