Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 23, 2022 - 8:14 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

This week's suite.
And a note about further suites, afterwards.

"The Red Hand Gang"
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bCKaGutnjGU

Suite #4 -- the final suite.

Normally I would have to tell you the disappointment that you can't own any of the scoring of this and that TV show and indeed -- when I started making the suites a year ago -- I thought you couldn't, too.

However, when searching in vein for who did the score cues for the show (BMI and ASCAP only list Score Productions, Inc. President Bob Israel for cues), I found you can download the score to the show and well as a shit-ton of cues from other television shows Score Productions, Inc. did:
https://tvpmmvault.com/sitemap/sitemap.html#gsc.tab=0

Just look at that list -- it doesn't end. News themes, radio music, films, televisions series such as "The Virginian" and "Police Story", and more. It's a monthly paid subscription, but they say on the site that they have (I couldn't relocate it, so I am doing this from memory) over 44,000 cues or over 44,000 minutes of music.

I decided to plow ahead and continue making the suites even though you can get the music, because I had already put a shit-load of effort into it, but also I think they act as samplers to encourage those who do online download purchases, to go buy them.

Still, properly remastered scoring from this show needs to be done. I hope some label has been listening to the suites and is considering it...

NOTES:
While going through the flash derive and editing down suites from "Get Christie Love!" and "City of Angels" (I haven't gotten to "The Rookies" yet) and lowering score from 32-bit to 16-bit where I don't think I need 23-bit (which cuts track file size in half), I have managed to free up enough room so far to maybe make three more suites.