Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 6, 2021 - 5:15 PM   
 By:   jb1234   (Member)

Yeah, the finale was super disappointing. At least the scope of it allowed Beck to write a lot of action music which I look forward to hearing without the sound effects.

Posted:   Mar 6, 2021 - 8:03 PM   
 By:   Michael Scorefan   (Member)

Beck's music for the show has been really great, although I wish I had I connected more with the show overall. I like the cast and the sitcom recreations, but after seeing the finale, I just feel that nothing made any sense, everything that happened felt arbitrary and I still don't understand what Hayward's plan was.

I have enjoyed the music, but releasing a per episode soundtrack makes it a bit pricey for me. It will basically cost $90 for one season. Hopefully they will do a comprehensive releasee that is affordable, like WaterTower did with Perry Mason: Season 1. I am not holding my breath though, as Disney didn't do this with Mandalorian: Season 1.

To answer your question, I think Hayward's ultimate goal was to have a Vision he could control. He knew that was never going to happen while Wanda was around, so he wanted to eliminate her and then have a Vision he could do what he wanted with.

Posted:   Mar 6, 2021 - 11:19 PM   
 By:   AdoKrycha007   (Member)

But you still stream it? wink

Yes, because Spotify and YT are for free smile

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 9:50 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

I don't remember the music from just before the bomb went off but it sounds like a worthy highlight that should have been included.

I do remember the rest of the Salem music and that's a definite highlight that should have been included.

That's great Beck is listening to fans and will find a way to get missing cues out. Seems like it would have been easier for everyone involved if they just made each episode's album complete to begin with though. Oh well

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 10:41 AM   
 By:   Dr. Nigel Channing   (Member)

Finale was a bit too bombastic for me, but I'm not really a Marvel guy. The musical highlight of the entire series for me remains the Wanda and Vision love theme.

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 1:48 PM   
 By:   spielboy   (Member)

if it's digitally why they have to choose cues???? just release the whole score!!

(btw, isnt it mixed too low in the tv series?)

the series makes sense, it's all a mourning process for Wanda, almost step by step

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 11:12 PM   
 By:   johnbijl   (Member)

If something seems to be for free, that you’re the product.

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 11:23 PM   
 By:   acathla   (Member)

If something seems to be for free, that you’re the product.

Streaming also results in sales (all though not as easy and fast as a physical sales of course) wink

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 11:26 PM   

I don't remember the music from just before the bomb went off but it sounds like a worthy highlight that should have been included.

That's great Beck is listening to fans and will find a way to get missing cues out. Seems like it would have been easier for everyone involved if they just made each episode's album complete to begin with though. Oh well

You can hear part of it here (all though missing the beautiful intro):

I dont understand how he could exclude this (around) 40 seconds cue because it was too short with all those silly 25 second cues he included from the first episodes...

Posted:   Mar 7, 2021 - 11:27 PM   

DP

Posted:   Mar 8, 2021 - 7:37 AM   
 By:   JDH   (Member)

I will be buying selected episodes/tracks shortly... has anyone curated their own bespoke soundtrack of the score highlights that would be willing to share their tracklist?

Posted:   Mar 8, 2021 - 2:51 PM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

You can hear part of it here (all though missing the beautiful intro):

I dont understand how he could exclude this (around) 40 seconds cue because it was too short with all those silly 25 second cues he included from the first episodes...

Wow, that is like, the most important statement of that theme. Baffling decision to leave it off.