Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 26, 2021 - 4:04 PM   
 By:   pooter   (Member)

Pam Pierce Barcelou, one of the late Charles B Pierce's daughters, has recently been overseeing the 4k restoration of her fathers classic Bigfoot movie. She's also spearheading a release of the soundtrack at some point and the samples are now up...

Get a taste here:

https://www.legendofboggycreek.com/soundtrack.htm

Posted:   Mar 26, 2021 - 5:08 PM   
 By:   DS   (Member)

Very interesting project and I like the samples. The composer, Jaime Mendoza-Nava, was quite prolific:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0579387/

Posted:   Mar 27, 2021 - 7:35 AM   
 By:   MCurry29   (Member)

This is fantastic news! Thank you for letting us know.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 8:32 AM   
 By:   Grimsdyke   (Member)

Could maybe BSX or Quartet, etc. help them to release the CD ??

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 8:57 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

Probably better to go with one of those streaming sites that Pooter haunts, followed of course by a vinyl pressing.

Posted:   Feb 24, 2024 - 12:39 AM   

Sure, but I meant more in regards to AFM, etc. The legal stuff big grin

Posted:   Feb 24, 2024 - 6:15 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

I assume those streaming/downloading sites are legit since you have to pay them. My point is it might be easier to market the music that way instead of doing a cd release (whether on their own or thru a label).

So I just emailed the Boggy helpline and got an immediate reply which they said I could share:

Thanks so much for writing...the soundtrack is coming soon...all ready to go, but we have signed a BIG deal with a production company, and they are also doing a docuseries, and some of the work that goes into this, will be filmed for that purpose, so we've been waiting for that to happen. Fans should be thrilled with our new partnership...will announce soon!

The release will be on: CD, Vinyl, Download, and Cassette. Sorry, no 8-track.

Posted:   Feb 25, 2024 - 12:41 AM   

Wow, thanks for checking !! Can hardly wait.

I think it is quite fascinating that this "cheap little" movie still has such a huge fan base.