Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 14, 2021 - 7:33 AM   
 By:   acathla   (Member)

Huh? Aren’t the Scream films themselves rather more comedic?

Yavar

They are indeed. But the Ready or Not humor is a bit too over the top to be used in a Scream movie, imo.
It wasnt serious at all. At least thats how I felt while watching it. (maybe for Scream 3, lol)

Posted:   May 14, 2021 - 8:32 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Huh, for me the comedy in the Scream films is even more overt than in Ready or Not. But they share a sort of black humor, so getting the Ready or Not team on a Scream film actually makes a lot of sense. I'm looking forward to it. And I'll be surprised if Brian Tyler doesn't reference the thoroughly established franchise theme(s). He did on the Rambo and Final Destination sequels he scored (and maybe others?)

Yavar

Posted:   May 14, 2021 - 9:52 AM   
 By:   Mike Esssss   (Member)

They are indeed. But the Ready or Not humor is a bit too over the top to be used in a Scream movie, imo.

The last act of SCREAM would like a word with you.

Posted:   May 15, 2021 - 3:54 AM   
 By:   acathla   (Member)

I do love the comedy in the Scream films (well, most of it). But once Ghostface calls or shows up things get dead serious and thrilling. Whereas in Ready or Not, even the suspense scenes were comedic. Snarky puns and comments while fighting etc. It has more of a "superhero comedy" humor, which is something I dont want to see in a Scream movie.

None of my points includes Scream 3 though. Which really was comedic all the way. Kinda like Ready or Not, lol