Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 7:09 AM   
 By:   Stalker Vigil   (Member)

Another amazing comeback, now it's Trevor Jones!

The music is for fantasy horror thriller "To Tokyo", that was released in 2019 in select UK theaters and has been released in the U.S. on VOD and Blu-ray earlier this year.

It's always cool to see when old masters of Hollywood (and not only that) music is back in action. Don't know how it will sounds, like synths and samples, real orchestra or something from here and there, but I'm definitely looking forward for this album.

The soundtrack will be released on August 27, 2021.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2021/07/17/to-tokyo-soundtrack-album-details/

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 7:52 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

That's great news. I remember it was on his website for a few years and then he removed it and I thought he was no longer scoring it as a result.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 8:06 AM   
 By:   AdoKrycha007   (Member)

Is he alive ?!

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 9:50 AM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

That's great news. I remember it was on his website for a few years and then he removed it and I thought he was no longer scoring it as a result.

Didn't he retire at some point?

He was always one of my favourite composers.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 12:03 PM   
 By:   Mark   (Member)

This is great news. He is a favourite of mine.

Just a heads up for fans of his, someone is selling his score for Aegis for £9.99 on ebay. I paid over £30 for mine last year so a tenner is a bargain.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 2:17 PM   
 By:   pzfan   (Member)

I think he did.
This is just a small project directed by his son, I guess.

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 8:22 PM   
 By:   Graham   (Member)

Such good news.

Cannot wait.

Graham

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 11:32 PM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

He was always one of my favourite composers.

After a couple of bad experiences he indeed pretty much retired and devoted his time to teaching film scoring.

Definitely a shame, he had a unique voice and has written some of the best scores of the 90's

Posted:   Jul 21, 2021 - 2:21 AM   
 By:   calmblueocean81   (Member)

Definitely a shame, he had a unique voice and has written some of the best scores of the 90's

And 80s! Dark Crystal is one of my all-time faves.