Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 19, 2022 - 10:34 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

The upcoming HBO animated series brought to us by Bruce Timm -- who did "Batman: The Animated Series". We got a preview look at a piece of art back in October (I don't recall dragon53 posting about this new info'):

https://www.polygon.com/2021/10/16/22728126/batman-caped-crusader-new-animated-series-hbo-max

EDIT AGAIN: Yes, Kevin Conroy is coming back as Batman, and John Glover is coming back to, but I'm not sure what role he is doing, as he voiced the Riddler in the '90's show and that villain found his birth in that show. Conroy also announced at a convention that Danny Elfman is returning as well.

Turns out he was speaking of an audio podcast episode being made that has him back as Batman and Glover back as Riddle, with Elfman in some capacity.

No word on who will voice Batman in this new series.

I do not see a composer attached yet. The show premieres sometime this year.

Posted:   Aug 23, 2022 - 2:23 PM   

Lousy news, posted today in one of dragon53's film threads:

"BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER---HBO Max shelved the animated tv series."

Posted:   Apr 27, 2023 - 10:24 AM   

And it's back, but not with HBO; from dragon53's update thread for film and TV today:

BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER---Amazon Prime ordered two seasons for the animated tv series. Future projects include the animated tv movie MERRY LITTLE BATMAN and the animated spinoff series BAT-FAMILY.

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 2:41 PM   

First looks and cast talk:
https://ew.com/batman-caped-crusader-exclusive-first-look-asian-american-harley-quinn-8645683?taid=663ce5aaa10b2b0001353fdd&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 4:54 PM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

Frederik Wiedmann Scoring Prime Video’s ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2024/05/09/frederik-wiedmann-scoring-prime-videos-batman-caped-crusader/

Posted:   Jun 21, 2024 - 9:13 AM   

From one of dragon53's film/TV news/trivia threads today:

BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER---Hamish Linklater will provide the voice of Batman in the Amazon Prime animated superhero series

Posted:   Jun 25, 2024 - 12:46 PM   

Posted:   Jun 26, 2024 - 8:46 AM   

Posted:   Jun 26, 2024 - 8:55 AM   

I thought this was supposed to be a kind of prequel to B: TAS, but now I see it's a remake that just takes place earlier.