Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 27, 2024 - 8:56 PM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Thanks for the massive update.
I look forward to these come April.

Posted:   Feb 10, 2024 - 3:19 AM   
 By:   Juanki   (Member)

Did anyone already received the survey? It's 5 days to the 15th of February and I haven't received it yet.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 6:29 AM   
 By:   W. David Lichty [Lorien]   (Member)

Did anyone already received the survey? It's 5 days to the 15th of February and I haven't received it yet.

Survey? From whom?

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:25 AM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

So if you missed the kickstarter you cant get the book? I dont see a place to even preorder.
And what if I only want the second volume?

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:39 AM   
 By:   W. David Lichty [Lorien]   (Member)

So if you missed the kickstarter you cant get the book? I dont see a place to even preorder.
And what if I only want the second volume?

It was a kickstarter project. As with many of those, initial runs of the books will go to the supporters. Likely, as with many of those, those who supported won't be the only people who can access the book. I say likely because I'm not part of this book's production. Once the supporters' books are issued, Team Book will probably arrange for normal distribution, possibly through Amazon or ScreenArchives, or maybe the Creature Features website (https://creaturefeatures.com/product-category/books/).

All of that may not be something they can arrange until the book 'exists'? It's still in production right now, I believe.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 10:01 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

I'm pretty sure Team Book has made it clear that there will be some availability (but I wouldn't wait long) to non-backers at some point after every backer gets their copy. It'll just be at a higher price. And no, I don't get the impression that they will be selling Volume 2 on its own. Jeff wrote this as a single book and it was only split for manufacturing reasons and practicality of reading. He did not write it as two volumes so it would be like starting in the middle of a book, and you would be missing all the context without Jeff revisiting any background to bring readers up to speed.

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 15, 2024 - 10:32 AM   
 By:   JonesIndiana01   (Member)

I haven't received anything so I contacted them through Kickstarter.

Did anybody receive a survey?

Posted:   Feb 15, 2024 - 11:04 AM   
 By:   Boff100   (Member)

No I haven't received mine yet. Will contact them in the morning.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2024 - 12:58 PM   
 By:   DavidCoscina   (Member)

No I haven't received mine yet. Will contact them in the morning.

same here. Emailed them

Posted:   Feb 15, 2024 - 5:24 PM   
 By:   DavidCorkum   (Member)

Did anybody receive a survey?

Are you referring to the mail requesting confirmation of our addresses? I got mine today.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2024 - 6:10 PM   
 By:   jb1234   (Member)

Haven't gotten mine either.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2024 - 6:28 PM   
 By:   DavidCorkum   (Member)

The mail I got explained that they were preparing to ship the "rewards'" that were available with certain tiers. They'll ship in a week or so, the digital version of the book will be in March, and the physical books should be shipping in April. The address confirmations are perhaps timed to proceed the specific shipment you're expecting.

Posted:   Feb 16, 2024 - 1:04 AM   
 By:   JonesIndiana01   (Member)

You're probably right, thanks smile

Posted:   Feb 16, 2024 - 1:36 AM   
 By:   moolik   (Member)

I´m still confused.
So if one is not involved in the Kickstarter stuff..how can we purchase these books? Via amazon?

Posted:   Feb 16, 2024 - 1:48 AM   
 By:   Boff100   (Member)

LATEST UPDATE

UPDATE FOR FEBRUARY 15, 2024

The first wave of surveys for the following reward tiers containing our selection of Goldsmith-themed CD’s and books were emailed to contributors over the last 24 hours:

JERRALD OF THE APES

GOLDSMITH: THE FINAL FRONTIER

GOLDSMITH AT FOX

All rewards will begin shipping by USPS on Wednesday, February 21st. U.S. orders should take 1 to 2 weeks to arrive, and 4 to 6 weeks for international deliveries. If you haven’t received your survey for these specific tiers, please double check your spam folders before reaching out to us. Also, providing your full name and mailing address without errors is the key to fulfilling your orders successfully, so please be as precise as possible when filling in your info.

Next up in March will be the delivery of the full digital edition of the finished book, followed by the hard copy editions in April. We’re currently negotiating with a number of fulfillment companies to offer the most reliable, secure and speedy delivery to your mailbox. We’ll post another update as soon as we have more accurate delivery dates in the weeks ahead.

Also, many have asked if the hard copy editions will be offered thru Amazon or any other retail outlets in the future, such as Barnes & Noble. Like most of our previous book releases, including the sold out editions of THE FANTASY WORLDS OF IRWIN ALLEN, Rod Serling's NIGHT GALLERY: THE ART OF DARKNESS and RETURN TO TOMORROW, the Goldsmith editions will not be offered thru any other outlets. Our initial print run will include an additional 500 copies of each volume, which will be offered directly thru the upcoming Monolith Collective website after all of the Kickstarter orders have been processed and shipped.

We're excited to finally be sprinting closer to the finish line and look forward to hearing your responses to these mammoth volumes once they make their way to your desktops, iPads, iPhones and laptops next month. Though the additional input and hundreds of visuals culled from your own personal collections obviously prolonged our production schedule, we're 100% convinced that the final product now stands as the definitive masterwork celebrating Goldsmith's long and illustrious career.

As always, we very much appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support!

Posted:   Feb 16, 2024 - 1:49 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

From upthread:

It was a kickstarter project. As with many of those, initial runs of the books will go to the supporters. Likely, as with many of those, those who supported won't be the only people who can access the book. I say likely because I'm not part of this book's production. Once the supporters' books are issued, Team Book will probably arrange for normal distribution, possibly through Amazon or ScreenArchives, or maybe the Creature Features website (https://creaturefeatures.com/product-category/books/).

Posted:   Feb 16, 2024 - 1:51 AM   
 By:   moolik   (Member)

Thanks CindyLover