Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 29, 2023 - 6:40 PM   
 By:   Joe Sikoryak   (Member)

Another fascinating read. So was the Brass compliment enlarged beyond what Herrmann wrote? Just got this recording? When is the actual Disc to be released?

Yes, based on Bill's experience recording Herrmann and with modern recording techniques, he recommended adding some players and Doug concurred. Intrada is folding this disc into their current production pipeline and it should be released sometime this spring.

Posted:   Jan 29, 2023 - 10:42 PM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Another fascinating read. So was the Brass compliment enlarged beyond what Herrmann wrote? Just got this recording? When is the actual Disc to be released?

Yes, based on Bill's experience recording Herrmann and with modern recording techniques, he recommended adding some players and Doug concurred. Intrada is folding this disc into their current production pipeline and it should be released sometime this spring.

That's great news about Spring!

Bill has previous experience conducting at least 2 cues from ODG on their BATTLE OF NERETVA Recording which Herrmann reused for the film while making some adjustments. Its a Tour de Force performance of the 'Death Hunt' cue and "The Hunt's End titled as 'The Bridge' on NERETVA program. The orchestra does seem fuller. So I'd welcome any adjustment on the orchestra size to augment the overall sound. Its should sound spectacular.

Posted:   Jan 31, 2023 - 2:07 PM   
 By:   John Black   (Member)

Can't wait for Spring!

Posted:   Feb 1, 2023 - 12:45 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

I'm all in. I have full confidence that this will be a great release.

Posted:   Feb 1, 2023 - 3:31 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

William Stromberg conducting Bernard Herrmann has never been anything less than great, for almost three decades now...

Yavar