Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 21, 2022 - 9:14 PM   
 By:   JeffM   (Member)

Varese finally shipped my order out late last week and while still in transit, their parent company puts Rudy Deluxe on sale! Ugh - I'm never ordering a new release from Varese again. I could have saved so much money between the current Craft Recordings sale and Shocktober sale. But no... I stupidly placed my order on release day, also including a bunch of full priced titles that went on sale just a few weeks later!

where is this on sale?

Posted:   Nov 21, 2022 - 9:16 PM   
 By:   kam   (Member)

https://craftrecordings.com/collections/varese-sarabande/products/jerry-goldsmith-rudy-the-deluxe-edition-cd

Posted:   Nov 23, 2022 - 9:05 AM   
 By:   Ian J.   (Member)

I really like this score. I had never heard it before getting this expanded release, and have never seen the film. I think it will be one of my regular 'go to' Goldsmith listens, along with 'The Russia House'. Lovely.

I also think it would pair well with an expansion of 'The Natural', by Randy Newman. Has there been one, and if not, why ever not?

Posted:   Nov 23, 2022 - 9:25 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

No deluxe edition of "The Natural" yet:
https://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/2161/Natural%2C+The

You can always use that site to check titles, and it's pretty much a 95% gurantee you'll find your answer.

Why? Who knows. The reasons can be many and can be more than one. Some off the top of my head:

• No label has expressed interest.
  • Tapes issues (can't be found, not all the score is salvageable, etc.).
  • Re-use fees.
  • The studio(s) previously were difficult to impossible to work with.
  • One or more of the rights holders may not give a shit (like that Horner score I cant' recall the name of off hand).
  • Randy Newman is throwing his weight around to make sure it doesn't happen for what ever reason(s).

•  
     Posted:   Nov 23, 2022 - 9:28 AM   
     By:   Ian J.   (Member)

• One or more of the rights holders may not give a shit (like that Horner score I cant' recall the name of off hand).

That'll be 'Volunteers'.

•  

Posted:   Nov 23, 2022 - 11:05 AM   
     By:   KeV McG   (Member)

It's been some years since I last watched it, but I think most of the score highlights from THE NATURAL are represented on the original album/CD.
    It wasn't an overscored film, to my best memory and the music is more powerful for it.