Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Nov 24, 2022 - 5:36 AM   
 By:   Thierry Schreurs   (Member)

The postal service has just brought me the Jerry Goldsmith QUARTET RAMBO TRILOGY LP box set....
So here is the unboxing experience...

It's rather heavy, looks fantastic (except the box cover artwork - I would have chosen another picture than Stallone's back and muscles) and is overall a very collectible memorabilia.

Photos speak by themselves, although the natural light I used to get the stills doesn't do justice to the actual colors and contrast of the very items.

The cover of the booklet was a surprise as it features the new european 4K steelbox edition of FIRST BLOOD, that has just been released yesterday...

I now still have to read the Jeff Bond written tribute.

So those who would still hesitate may know now how it looks.
Maybe it's already too late...I don't know.

On my side, I don't regret my purchase any second.

Posted:   Nov 24, 2022 - 7:09 AM   
 By:   DavidCoscina   (Member)

looks incredible!

Posted:   Nov 28, 2022 - 12:52 PM   
 By:   Dennis Brain   (Member)

Agree with Thierry: incredible box set. Has arrived today. Gave "First blood" a first listen , the sound is extremly good and detailed (e.g. the razor). Liner notes are first rate but i didn´t expected less.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2022 - 1:38 PM   
 By:   DavidCoscina   (Member)

Agree with Thierry: incredible box set. Has arrived today. Gave "First blood" a first listen , the sound is extremly good and detailed (e.g. the razor). Liner notes are first rate but i didn´t expected less.

I really wish I could rationalize this purchase but aside from First Blood, I really don't spin the other two scores.

Posted:   Nov 29, 2022 - 11:23 AM   
 By:   spielboy   (Member)

unboxing clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3fbRjrVoB4