Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 8:01 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

Why everyone hates Tom Holland?

I like his pies!

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 8:12 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

What is the point of doing this in live action? The franchise is still very, very successful in its animated form.

I find many of the live action adaptations of classic animated movies severely lacking. And "live action"? I mean, where is the live action in Disney's 2019 remake of THE LION KING? It's just as much an animated movie as the 1994 version, except in the 1994 version, you had an artistically drawn look, while the 2019 remake went for photorealistic animation. Which, in my opinion, was completely detrimental to the movie, which is basically a retelling of Hamlet with cartoon animals. It became preposterous when the lions looked like real lions but talked and behaved like cartoon animals. I don't see what is gained by that, but I certainly see what is lost by it.

What's up next? A "live action" remake of Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, with a realistically crushed to a bloody pulp coyote who continues to hunt the road runner at all costs? Thank you, I'll skip that. (Like I skip most of these "live action" remakes of classic animated movies.)