Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 11, 2023 - 8:16 AM   
 By:   keky   (Member)

Yes, pretty boring actually.
The only good thing is last couple of tracks.

Where's Velazquez when you need him?!

It's Giacchino's Planet of the Apes scores by another name. Will not be revisiting.

No, his scores for the Planet of the Apes movies were wonderful. Full of melodies and exciting tracks. This one however is mostly just atmospheric music without actual melodies, except for 1-2 tracks.

Posted:   Dec 26, 2023 - 6:01 AM   
 By:   FabioS   (Member)

I think the score is very effective in the film. The final cue (Found) is my favorite of the year.

Posted:   Dec 27, 2023 - 10:20 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

Listening to this right now and think it's terrific; easily among my favorite scores of 2023 so far. Haven't seen the movie, but just as music, it's excellent.

Posted:   Dec 27, 2023 - 6:07 PM   
 By:   dogplant   (Member)

I think the score is very effective in the film. The final cue (Found) is my favorite of the year.

'Andes Ascent' is also lots of fun – I especially enjoyed the chorus (per Michael: Mapuche dialect intoning 'Mother, Earth, Nature') and the tambores de candombe Himalayan tabla drums accompanying the three guys on their final journey. It's a stunning scene in the film, and it gave me goosebumps (recalling trekking/climbing passages from "Lost").

It's a powerful, emotional film.

See it on the big screen, if you can.

Posted:   Jan 14, 2024 - 6:18 PM   
 By:   Valiant65   (Member)

Congrats to Michael Giacchino, who has won the Critics Choice Award for this film. Take that Oppenheimer!

Posted:   Jan 14, 2024 - 6:29 PM   
 By:   Erik Woods   (Member)

Congrats to Michael Giacchino, who has won the Critics Choice Award for this film. Take that Oppenheimer!

No he didn't. Ludwig Göransson won.

-Erik-

Posted:   Jan 14, 2024 - 6:47 PM   
 By:   Valiant65   (Member)

Sorry, yes. Going by The Hollywood Reporter, they highlighted his name. So looked like a winner as they did that with all the other "Winners". They highlighted his name in error. I was just too excited to look real close at this.

Alas, this was a very brief win.

Posted:   Jan 29, 2024 - 12:18 PM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

Vinyl editions announced

https://www.madebymutant.com/format/1466219-society-of-the-snow-soundtrack-from-the-netflix-film

https://www.madebymutant.com/format/1466218-society-of-the-snow-soundtrack-from-the-netflix-film

Posted:   Jan 29, 2024 - 6:09 PM   
 By:   Mephariel   (Member)

I actually prefer Oppenheimer. Society of the Snow works well enough in the film though. It is just one of films where I am not sure if a score is even needed.