Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Oct 3, 2023 - 3:40 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

Steve's ranking of the films is exactly the same as mine! I love THE DIAL OF DESTINY!

Henry, may I ask, what is it you liked so much about Dial of Destiny? As you know I’m a massive fan of the first three Indy movies but detest DoD with a passion so I’m interested to know what you thought was so great about it.

Hey buddy! I enjoyed the story, particularly the time travel element. I thought the opening and the ending with the battle of Syracuse was epic. Harrison Ford gave a very good performance. I enjoyed everything they had to do to find the second half of the dial. And it had heart.

Posted:   Oct 3, 2023 - 4:35 PM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

Bless you Henry, you are quite often the best of all of us, I am always encouraged by you, pure and joyful.

Posted:   Oct 3, 2023 - 5:45 PM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

Bless you Henry, you are quite often the best of all of us, I am always encouraged by you, pure and joyful.

henry is awesome. The me I was, when first discovering this niche art form, wide eyed, un-poisoned by internet opinion, everything sounded and looked great.

Henry this is Not a backhanded compliment at all

Ado is right, and I must give respect to (the very interesting, intelligent and quite funny sometimes) Avenger as well for asking his view. That was very nice to see today.

Posted:   Oct 3, 2023 - 11:28 PM   
 By:   Willgoldnewtonbarrygrusin   (Member)

You proved my point, unfortunately.

Don’t flatter yourself, your “point” was pretty pointless. And it wasn’t well made.

Moaning constantly about how someone expresses their opinion rather than providing a cogent well reasoned response as to why you disagree with the opinion is not “making a point” It’s just moaning for the sake of trying to look more important and intelligent than others. Now, granted you consistently fail at both but hey, everyone appreciates a good old college try.

If I was to adopt your approach of being a five-and-dime shrink I’d put your attitude down to something from your childhood; perhaps mommy didn’t breast feed you or something or maybe you were that kid in class that everyone laughed at for always being a dick. Who knows? I mean, you’re the expert on understanding the subtext as to why someone “vents”, right? Me, I’m just a passionate movie fan who speaks as he sees it, is a burr under the saddle sometimes. We can’t all be as superior as you.

Man alive, you really come across as someone who needs to lighten up. Taking every criticism of a movie or soundtrack personally (especially movies you don’t especially like) is just crazy. Go get a blow job or a course in writing critical response. You would really benefit from one of those. Or both.

You are such a beautiful person.

Posted:   Oct 4, 2023 - 1:10 AM   
 By:   Zoragoth   (Member)

I'm in accord with Steve V's review. Not a huge fan of this series - and I saw them all in their first runs - so I was surprised (especially given the poor reviews - did they see the same movie that I did?) to find I enjoyed DIAL OF DESTINY more than all the rest of them!

It *does* have heart, not to mention a doozy of a finale and a poignant denouement.

It's the only one of the series that I would want to own. Indeed, if time had allowed, I would have gone back to see it again on the big screen.

I do think it will be more warmly regarded in the years to come.

Posted:   Oct 4, 2023 - 4:41 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Its already on iTune digital for $13 dollars. Barbie I think is $24 dollars. I'm pretty sure even a dud like Jungle Cruise was $24 when it first hit digital platforms. Regardless what you think of Indie 5 they're desperate to make back what little money they can on this film.

Posted:   Oct 4, 2023 - 5:37 AM   
 By:   tranders65   (Member)

Its already on iTune digital for $13 dollars. Barbie I think is $24 dollars. I'm pretty sure even a dud like Jungle Cruise was $24 when it first hit digital platforms. Regardless what you think of Indie 5 they're desperate to make back what little money they can on this film.

It was $20 or $25 when it was originally released digitally (was that August? Or early September?). Anyway, Itunes always does sales on new titles after a month or two, so nothing at all unusual about that.

Posted:   Oct 4, 2023 - 6:34 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

If only they were desperate enough about making a little money back that they would sublicense the score to a label like Intrada for a complete expanded edition… and the other four scores too, of course.

Yavar