Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 27, 2023 - 6:25 PM   
 By:   Spinmeister   (Member)

Sally-Ann Surfer

The G rated cut.

Posted:   Nov 27, 2023 - 6:52 PM   
 By:   Jeyl   (Member)

It's not so much respecting the source material that I have an issue with; it's just the quality of the shows and movies in this recent phase. They're not just being inconsistent with the source material, they're being inconsistent with themselves.

The Marvels was very "selective" about what carried over and what didn't. Ms. Marvel? Got all her details straight. Wanda Vision? Monica's details came through as well. Nick Fury?... We don't see his wife, he doesn't mention the Skrull crises on Earth, Talos and his family are never brought up and the fact that Talos' daughter has Carol's powers should have intertwined her with their switcheroo situation. It's almost as though Secret Invasion never even happened, but they can't outright undo it which is why Talos and the Earth Skrulls are not brought up.

That is a certifiable mess.

Posted:   Nov 27, 2023 - 8:32 PM   
 By:   Michael Scorefan   (Member)

Honestly, I thought Galactus was going to be the next big bad they were going to build up to. But this time, we'd get Galactus proper, not a cosmic fart cloud. In lieu of, he's going to be the FF's inaugural punching bag.

I wish they wouldn't touch Galactus or Doctor Doom in the first film. Both have already been done poorly, so using them again will continue association with the prior films. Plus, Eternals already gave us a poor man's version of the Galactus saga, and we know how well that worked out. If they want to give us a fresh start, they should use Annihilus or some other major FF villain that will sell us on the team and give us a villain who doesn't have baggage. If they can give us an FF that the audience actually cares about, we can then talk about bringing in Doom or Galactus in a later film.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 5:27 AM   
 By:   TheAvenger   (Member)

At this rate they might as well make the Surfer gold. And give her roller blades instead of a surf board. And instead of the Power Cosmic, the Gold Rollerblader could use Harry Potter-style magic.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 5:33 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

At this rate they might as well make the Surfer gold. And give her roller blades instead of a surf board. And instead of the Power Cosmic, the Gold Rollerblader could use Harry Potter-style magic.

You read their script didn't you?

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 6:04 AM   

BARBIE---Margot Robbie commented on a possible sequel, “I think we put everything into this one. We didn’t build it to be a trilogy or something.”

Yeah, you’ll go back and make 5 sequels now, once you get your price.

THE MANDALORIAN---Katee Sackhoff denied rumors that Bo-Katan will be the lead character in Season 4, “No. I think there’s always going to be a lot of speculation in this fandom.

She was great in Battlestar Galactica. She looked ridiculous in Mando. And I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn't get her own spin-off.

MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS---the chances of the Apple TV+ 10-episode miniseries starring Kurt Russell returning for a Season 2 were discussed by executive producer Matt Fraction, “It wasn’t designed as a limited series. ”

I was out after one episode after sh*tting on the most popular male character in the series.

STAR TREK---Nicolas Meyer said his tv miniseries about the early days of Khan Noonien Singh will now be a podcast series, “It’s now being worked as a radio play: nine or ten half-hour episodes. I guess the thinking is, if it is successful, then we go back to making it something on film. .”

Let it go! Stop going back to the well. Twice was enough. (Three times if you include Enterprise) The story has been told, move on.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 10:05 AM   
 By:   drop_forge   (Member)

You read their script didn't you?

No, but he did collect Dazzler.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 10:07 AM   

Honestly, I thought Galactus was going to be the next big bad they were going to build up to. But this time, we'd get Galactus proper, not a cosmic fart cloud. In lieu of, he's going to be the FF's inaugural punching bag.

I wish they wouldn't touch Galactus or Doctor Doom in the first film. Both have already been done poorly, so using them again will continue association with the prior films. Plus, Eternals already gave us a poor man's version of the Galactus saga, and we know how well that worked out. If they want to give us a fresh start, they should use Annihilus or some other major FF villain that will sell us on the team and give us a villain who doesn't have baggage. If they can give us an FF that the audience actually cares about, we can then talk about bringing in Doom or Galactus in a later film.

Fully agree Annihilus should be the lead-off punching bag. For starters, Annihilus has a cool name! He also looks cool, and menacing, and all that. I read that Josh Trank's Fant4stic was to feature Annihilus, but then Trank got his walking papers and the studio Ginsu'd his movie.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 12:04 PM   
 By:   Scott McOldsmith   (Member)

Ahem.

Sylvia Surfer.

Good day to you all.

So genius and simple the rest of you should be ashamed you didn't claim it first. Well played Ock!

They will win themselves more fans if they give her nipples. big grin

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 12:07 PM   

So genius and simple the rest of you should be ashamed you didn't claim it first.

Nope. It should be Sylvie, not Sylvia (third syllable throws it outta whack). And I like the ring of Sophie better. razz

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 12:08 PM   

It's not so much respecting the source material that I have an issue with; it's just the quality of the shows and movies in this recent phase. They're not just being inconsistent with the source material, they're being inconsistent with themselves.

The Marvels was very "selective" about what carried over and what didn't. Ms. Marvel? Got all her details straight. Wanda Vision? Monica's details came through as well. Nick Fury?... We don't see his wife, he doesn't mention the Skrull crises on Earth, Talos and his family are never brought up and the fact that Talos' daughter has Carol's powers should have intertwined her with their switcheroo situation. It's almost as though Secret Invasion never even happened, but they can't outright undo it which is why Talos and the Earth Skrulls are not brought up.

That is a certifiable mess.

To give them a little grace, The Marvels was supposed to be released before Secret Wars. So chronologically (unless they changed something in the movie) SWs falls after The Marvels. The timeline and the film releases are scattered here and there anyway, once it's out of theaters (another hour or so), it won't matter.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 12:10 PM   
 By:   Deadwalker   (Member)

FANTASTIC FOUR---inside sources claim Anya Taylor-Joy is in talks to play villain Silver Surfer in the reboot movie.

Um What ? Marvel why would you do this ?

They just...can't...help themselves.

This is doomed to fail.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 12:14 PM   

If they want to give us a fresh start, they should use Annihilus or some other major FF villain that will sell us on the team and give us a villain who doesn't have baggage. If they can give us an FF that the audience actually cares about, we can then talk about bringing in Doom or Galactus in a later film.

That would work for me. Where has the FF been all this time? In the Negative Zone or even Quantum wherever dealing with Annihilius. I still hate that they weren't the first MCU heroes. A little timey-wimey handwaving would fix that right quick.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 6:28 PM   

Well any hope of getting F4 right this time has been set on fire, stomped on, and crushed into oblivion.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2023 - 9:10 PM   
 By:   mstrox   (Member)

You guys are all freaking out over nothing - the rumor started with some fucking yahoo on Twitter who is wrong like 80% of the time.

Posted:   Nov 29, 2023 - 5:21 AM   

You guys are all freaking out over nothing - the rumor started with some fucking yahoo on Twitter who is wrong like 80% of the time.

Fair enough. But it says something that we're willing to believe what ever ridiculous rumor we hear coming out of Hollywood nowadays.