Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 1, 2023 - 11:40 AM   
 By:   nuts_score   (Member)

Interesting turn of phrase. You'd think "shitty meatballs" would do the trick, huh? The other word already has its uses.

Posted:   Dec 1, 2023 - 2:10 PM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

I do remember that wonderful story when writing Fairytale NY that it was on the tour when the band did nothing on the bus but watch the video of Once upon a time in America - and the opening bars of that Fairytale song were the opening bars of Ennio's theme.

The other thing mentioned on here before was that surprisingly Shane and Kirsty McCall never did a duet - she tried out for the song in the studio at a time when the band weren't around. They had tried several female singers n when the band heard her version they said "Thats it!! That's the one."

Steve Lillywhite was the producer and Kirsty's husband so he asked her to do the guide vocal and when the band heard it they decided to go with her. I love that Ennio bit though, didn't actually pick up on that until a few years ago.

Posted:   Dec 1, 2023 - 2:29 PM   
 By:   Leo Nicols   (Member)

I do remember that wonderful story when writing Fairytale NY that it was on the tour when the band did nothing on the bus but watch the video of Once upon a time in America - and the opening bars of that Fairytale song were the opening bars of Ennio's theme.

The other thing mentioned on here before was that surprisingly Shane and Kirsty McCall never did a duet - she tried out for the song in the studio at a time when the band weren't around. They had tried several female singers n when the band heard her version they said "Thats it!! That's the one."

Steve Lillywhite was the producer and Kirsty's husband so he asked her to do the guide vocal and when the band heard it they decided to go with her. I love that Ennio bit though, didn't actually pick up on that until a few years ago.

The first five notes of 'Deborah's Theme' if I'm not mistaken ?

Posted:   Dec 8, 2023 - 1:27 PM   
 By:   Leo Nicols   (Member)

......and a good time was had by all !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptayWtW1So8

Farewell Shane !

Posted:   Dec 8, 2023 - 1:59 PM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Glen Hansard and Lisa O'Neill, what a moment!

And Nick Cave with Rainy Night In Soho. God speed, Shane.