Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 5:55 AM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

Soft spot for Eric Serra's GoldenEye gun barrel and Michael Kamen's Licence To Kill (love the music chosen for the dots).

Die Another Day was my least favorite because of the techno music elements and the CGI bullet.

Serra's and Kamen's are my top two gun barrel cues.

75% of the reason why I would love to see an expanded GoldenEye is because of the gun barrel cue.

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 6:22 AM   
 By:   seinmind   (Member)

75% of the reason why I would love to see an expanded GoldenEye is because of the gun barrel cue.

Hopefully, if that happens, may Eric Serra receive some joy in knowing that his score (experimental for the time), continues to find a growing audience of fans.

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 6:53 AM   
 By:   AdoKrycha007   (Member)

Hopefully, if that happens, may Eric Serra receive some joy in knowing that his score (experimental for the time), continues to find a growing audience of fans.

Exactly! The most underrated film score in a film music history.

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 7:29 AM   
 By:   Stephen Woolston   (Member)

I do like the gunbarrel and the love theme in Goldeneye.

I'm sorry, though, but I can't stand the pop-synth stuff in this score. It doesn't fit the film, and it's not enjoyable to listen to.

That gunbarrel, though, and the love theme — excellent.

Cheers

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 9:30 AM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

I love the unique flavour that each composer brought to their gunbarrels. It's so disappointing that SPECTRE fell back on David Arnold's version. I'd love to hear a Newman gunbarrel in the style of his two scores. Come to think of it, Zimmer's was a wasted opportunity too.

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 10:44 AM   

Come to think of it, Zimmer's was a wasted opportunity too.

Wasn't the No Time To Die gunbarrel done by John Altman when he recorded the separate brass sessions (James Bond Theme) for the film?

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 10:49 AM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

Wasn't the No Time To Die gunbarrel done by John Altman when he recorded the separate brass sessions (James Bond Theme) for the film?

I don't know - but Johnny Marr was on that movie - what a gunbarrel that could have been!

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 12:58 PM   
 By:   Mark malmstrom   (Member)

Newman was really the worst - i like the rythm in DAY OF THE DEAD sequence though and the walk but...

At least SKYFALL showed us that J.A.C. Redford might have what it takes to be a Bond composer

he made that BOND-SKYFALL opening segment in KOMODO DRAGONS cue and that opening has more Bond sound that what T. Newman made for whole Skyfall

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 4:00 PM   
 By:   Col. Flagg   (Member)

Exactly! The most underrated film score in a film music history.

In "a film music history" perhaps, but not mine!

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 4:27 PM   
 By:   Roger Feigelson   (Member)

I love the unique flavour that each composer brought to their gunbarrels. It's so disappointing that SPECTRE fell back on David Arnold's version. I'd love to hear a Newman gunbarrel in the style of his two scores. Come to think of it, Zimmer's was a wasted opportunity too.

I'm confused...the opening chords to the gun barrel on SPECTRE are pure Thomas Newman. And then Zimmer copied them over for his gun barrel.

Posted:   Feb 21, 2024 - 9:06 PM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

Who the heck chose Easy Listening as the Genre for this album in Apple Music?

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 9:00 AM   
 By:   panavision   (Member)

Love the release, but I'm so used to the 2003 presentation that I have tried to match what Lukas programmed for my playlist.

For example, Bond to New York is combined with Voodoo shop. Works better as a listening experience.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 9:11 AM   
 By:   Stephen Woolston   (Member)

Not being funny, but if you prefer the 2003 presentation, why not just play the 2003 disc? Why try and program the 2024 disc to play like the 2003 disc? I don't get it. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 10:15 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Presumably it’s because this edition has the Chris Malone touch when it comes to sound?

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 11:56 AM   
 By:   panavision   (Member)

Presumably it’s because this edition has the Chris Malone touch when it comes to sound?

Yavar

Yes, prefer the sound quality on this one.

It's what playlists are perfect for. Create your own listening experience.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 1:56 PM   
 By:   Replicant8   (Member)

Hallelujah!!!

just shipped

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 2:18 PM   

Hallelujah!!!

just shipped

Congrats and enjoy the tunes. I received an update today that it is "awaiting shipment". I am not sure what that means, but life is still good. LLL deserves all the interest they receive from my pre-order.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2024 - 8:42 AM   
 By:   alan witt   (Member)

Looks like us Brits are enjoying the fruits of La La Lands efforts today, Mine has arrived! listening as I type, Great work Neil, MV and everyone at La La Land. thank you ever so much really and truly!!! Can not contain my elation. One of the best Bond soundtracks in my book, and sounds so good now!

Posted:   Feb 27, 2024 - 2:09 PM   
 By:   ClaytonMG   (Member)

As someone who has never seen this movie and has only heard the title song, what a fun score! Also, the sound quality on this release is unreal!

Side note, does anyone remember the THX trailer 'Grand"? I swear when Underground Lair started I thought it was that lol