Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 3:20 PM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Maybe Quartet is psychic and know I was planning to get this alongside their release of Cutthroat Island (temporarily out of stock) and want to accommodate me.

That’s a great twofer to get.

Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 3:26 PM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

Interesting how the songs are placed at the end of the album instead of in chronological order. I only have vague memories of this one (and don’t recall if I actually liked it or not) so I can’t comment on the quality of the score, but I will ask how much Folk incorporates the songs into his score, if at all.

Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 3:39 PM   
 By:   On the Score   (Member)

Interesting how the songs are placed at the end of the album instead of in chronological order. I only have vague memories of this one (and don’t recall if I actually liked it or not) so I can’t comment on the quality of the score, but I will ask how much Folk incorporates the songs into his score, if at all.

They're two separate musical things on an altogether great score and song soundtrack (and I love your board name that hearkens back to another Folk toon score)

Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 4:04 PM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

They're two separate musical things on an altogether great score and song soundtrack (and I love your board name that hearkens back to another Folk toon score)

I’ll be honest with you, I wasn’t particularly enamored with Folk’s score for The Thief and the Cobbler the first time I heard it (and don’t get me started on the songs). Of course, my initial disdain came from the fact that he was scoring a butchered cut of the film. Folk did a decent job with the version he scored, but I preferred the director’s intended musical accompaniment which took more of a 2001/Excalibur approach with a number of quotations from Scheherazade (I highly recommend the Recobbled Cut which does use a few brief excerpts of Folk’s score in the sound mix).

Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 6:24 PM   

The sound samples are awesome. Rich thematic orchestral scoring.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 5:10 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Now the release date is Feb 23rd? So is this indefinitely pushed back?

???? SAME release date has been listed for weeks now!
Only intially the shittunes version was supposed to be released late January.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 9:26 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 10:36 AM   

Now the release date is Feb 23rd? So is this indefinitely pushed back?

???? SAME release date has been listed for weeks now!
Only intially the shittunes version was supposed to be released late January.

Well as far as I know its the 23rd in every region of the planet and I still don't see the CD up for sale.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 10:40 AM   

Apparently you can steam if for free right now...

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=A2vBSAe6R3Q&list=OLAK5uy_nTJnpT8yRNmLqH1JQPikwASXm20Cc_92s

Posted:   Feb 24, 2024 - 6:34 AM   

It still says "coming soon".