Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 7:01 AM   
 By:   JDH   (Member)

I finally found that these are up on Amazon Music, and have started listening to Incredible Hulk, but the sound is really warped, to the point of being unlistenable - can anyone who has the files from Qobuz confirm that is not the case there (or indeed on Spotify, which I cannot make play the same track to check).

Thank you!

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 7:22 AM   
 By:   AgentM   (Member)

Now if they would release the music from "Spiderman 1981". A lot of those cues were recycled in "Spider-man and his amazing friends"

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 8:27 AM   
 By:   bookbutter   (Member)

I wish it had THIS piece of music. This is what I've been waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imw61jzdsXU

This is the exact cue I was looking for as well!!

Sadly...we will have to wait longer. I can remember being a kid watching on Saturday morning and loving this cue!

Also...the Swarm clip is a great clip to send to my overly supportive political fools. Both sides!

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 8:44 AM   

I bet that cue was written for “Spider-Man 1981” if I was a betting man.

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 8:53 AM   
 By:   Prospero   (Member)

Agreed.

Some cues were ripped here, and didn't sound too bad. I mixed them with the albums recently released.

https://www.cartoonopolis.com/music-library/spider-man-music/

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 9:00 AM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

I finally found that these are up on Amazon Music, and have started listening to Incredible Hulk, but the sound is really warped, to the point of being unlistenable - can anyone who has the files from Qobuz confirm that is not the case there (or indeed on Spotify, which I cannot make play the same track to check).

Thank you!

I bought the tracks from Qubuz and none of them sound warped to me, and I had to listen very closely with Bose headphones as I edited tracks in Garage Band.

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 9:14 AM   

Agreed.

Some cues were ripped here, and didn't sound too bad. I mixed them with the albums recently released.

https://www.cartoonopolis.com/music-library/spider-man-music/

Spiderman 1 and 2 were some of my favorite pieces. Hopefully that will all be released soon.

Posted:   Jun 12, 2024 - 2:03 PM   

Thank you!

I bought the tracks from Qubuz and none of them sound warped to me, and I had to listen very closely with Bose headphones as I edited tracks in Garage Band.

Thanks! I think it was some weird effect caused by streaming Amazon Music from my phone to my speaker - weird, because it has never happened before. When I finally get my hands on these (either from Qubuz or iTunes) I would be interested to see, if it wasn’t too much trouble, which segments you edited into your ideal playlist (for this and Amazing Friends).

Posted:   Jun 13, 2024 - 10:39 PM   

Thank you!

Thanks! I think it was some weird effect caused by streaming Amazon Music from my phone to my speaker - weird, because it has never happened before. When I finally get my hands on these (either from Qubuz or iTunes) I would be interested to see, if it wasn’t too much trouble, which segments you edited into your ideal playlist (for this and Amazing Friends).

Happy to share the results of my custom album edit! The only downside is that some of my edits aren't evident from cue titles alone and one would have to actually hear the tracks as I crafted them in order to understand my choices. As always, I try to figure out what sounds the most musical if/when cues are being combined and whether a crossfade works or a small pause between cues... what creates the most engaging musical flow and structure.

With the alternates on both of these Hulk and Spidey albums, I was either choosing one over the other, or finding an interesting way to use both - such as stitching back-to-back if there was enough variation, similar to repeating the chorus of a song, or bookending a suite track with the variations of the cue.

In some instances I just removed the slate calls and duplicates from a track, bringing the most engaging cues together. In other cases, I brought cues from different tracks together to form a suite, such as the "military theme" cues.

My custom album wound up as 32 minutes. This is from the 80 minutes.

The Incredible Hulk (Original Music from the 1982 Animated Series)
1.Main Title - The Incredible Hulk

2.Back to Banner and Trouble and Growing Anger (2:16) [basically track 3, but obviously with suspense pulses removed)

3.Hulk Rampage, Calms Down and Battle (2:26)

4.Love Theme and Betty In Jeopardy (2:09) [the light rock versions of the love theme from track 5, plus Betty In Jeopardy from track 8 - thematic continuity]

5. Military March and Military Purpose (2:12)

6. Suspense and Asian Ambiance (2:32) [Suspense is 2nd cue from track 10]

7. Catastrophe (1:08) [cut from track 5]

8. Mexican Mood and Domestic Theme (1:54) [Mexican Mood combines 1st cue from track 10 w/ Mexican Setting from track 9]

9. Building Conflict and Hulk On The Move (2:22) [those cues from track 5]

10. Hulk Emotions/Military Theme/Suspenseful Hulk (2:20) [Hulk Emotions is 1st cue track 13, Military theme from track 15, Suspenseful Hulk is Suspense Hulk theme from track 8]

11. Danger and Hulk Out (1:31)

12. Slow Build to Trapped/Trapped and Action Pulse (3:47) [1st part from track 12 combined w/ middle of track 9]

13. Rhapsodic and Romantic (2:23) [from track 13, but I swapped the order of a few of these more serene cues]

14. Melancholy Hulk/Exhausted Hulk/Foreboding and Gigantic Threat (3:19) [from track 17, track 10, track 11]

15. End Title - The Incredible Hulk (with Spidey Friends tag) (:33) [end of track 1]

Again, it's to describe here how some cues are combined or edited, but hopefully this gives some idea!

Posted:   Jun 26, 2024 - 2:27 PM   

I'm bumping up this thread again in response to JDH who was curious to see how I crafted my custom edits from both of these "uncut" album releases. I posted details pertaining to my 32-minute album edit of "The Incredible Hulk" and now I am sharing the results of how I embellished the existing 17-minute album for "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends".

For the most part, I left as-is the tracks presented on the existing 17-minute album for "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends". I looked for notable new cues from the uncut album to "suite" together or crossfade, mostly skipping short stingers and bumpers. In a few cases, I did add to select tracks on the existing album, such "Rock Jazz", with which I combined it with the "Funky Groove" cue, resulting in a 1:19 track length.

And as with "The Incredible Hulk" edit, it honestly would be better to present my customized tracks for listening, but I know that requires work to post them somewhere!

Spider-man and His Amazing Friends - Original Music From The 1981 TV Series (Custom) - 25 minutes

1. Main Title - Spider-man and His Amazing Friends

2. Bobby The Iceman

3. Firestar Theme

4. Spider-man and Firestar

5. Insane Villain and Three Heroes Prepare To Go (custom edit of track 15 on Uncut) (3:25)

6. Electro Man Theme

7. The Green Goblin

8. Suspense Action

9. Loki Theme

10. Aunt May

11. Rock Jazz and Funky Groove

12. College Theme

13. Sarcastic Spidey and Mission Groove (custom edit of track 9 on Uncut) (1:34)

14. Transitions and Impending Disaster (custom from track 16 on Uncut, but opens with a melancholy horn/strings cue from opening of track 6) (2:00)

15. Spidey Friends (built from cues in track 5 of Uncut, plus I merged the two versions of Firestar theme that wrap up track 6) (2:18)

16. Building Terror and Firestar In Action (built from track 14 on Uncut) (1:37)

17. Ms Lion Theme

18. End Title - Spider-man and His Amazing Friends

Posted:   Jun 26, 2024 - 3:23 PM   

I'm bumping up this thread again in response to JDH who was curious to see how I crafted my custom edits from both of these "uncut" album releases. I posted details pertaining to my 32-minute album edit of "The Incredible Hulk" and now I am sharing the results of how I embellished the existing 17-minute album for "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends".

For the most part, I left as-is the tracks presented on the existing 17-minute album for "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends". I looked for notable new cues from the uncut album to "suite" together or crossfade, mostly skipping short stingers and bumpers. In a few cases, I did add to select tracks on the existing album, such "Rock Jazz", with which I combined it with the "Funky Groove" cue, resulting in a 1:19 track length.

And as with "The Incredible Hulk" edit, it honestly would be better to present my customized tracks for listening, but I know that requires work to post them somewhere!

Spider-man and His Amazing Friends - Original Music From The 1981 TV Series (Custom) - 25 minutes

1. Main Title - Spider-man and His Amazing Friends

2. Bobby The Iceman

3. Firestar Theme

4. Spider-man and Firestar

5. Insane Villain and Three Heroes Prepare To Go (custom edit of track 15 on Uncut) (3:25)

6. Electro Man Theme

7. The Green Goblin

8. Suspense Action

9. Loki Theme

10. Aunt May

11. Rock Jazz and Funky Groove

12. College Theme

13. Sarcastic Spidey and Mission Groove (custom edit of track 9 on Uncut) (1:34)

14. Transitions and Impending Disaster (custom from track 16 on Uncut, but opens with a melancholy horn/strings cue from opening of track 6) (2:00)

15. Spidey Friends (built from cues in track 5 of Uncut, plus I merged the two versions of Firestar theme that wrap up track 6) (2:18)

16. Building Terror and Firestar In Action (built from track 14 on Uncut) (1:37)

17. Ms Lion Theme

18. End Title - Spider-man and His Amazing Friends

Thanks - I really appreciate you taking the time to share this info. I’ve still been waiting for these to go up on iTunes, but maybe I will take the plunge on the high price to get them from the other site (the name of which escapes me right now). At which point they will almost inevitably go up on iTunes for half the price!

Posted:   Jun 26, 2024 - 4:24 PM   

Oh, the site from which you can purchase them from is called Qobuz. You can choose to download as mp3 and FLAC files.

Posted:   Jun 30, 2024 - 10:12 AM   

These Uncut albums have now gone up on iTunes