Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 6, 2024 - 7:52 AM   
 By:   orion_mk3   (Member)

Not my item or my listing; ShopGoodwill is an online auction site that sells items donated to thrift stores/charity shops in the USA, and they have a monstrous bin of sealed limited edition scores from specialty labels, mostly Golden Age, for sale right now:

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/200632925

The auction ends tonight (06/06/2024 07:13:00 PM Pacific Time) and currently sits at $301 for a lot that is easily worth $2500+. I'm tapped out, but this could be an incredible find for someone looking to build a collection and/or flip some rare score CDs. The only drawback is that they don't ship outside the USA.

Posted:   Jun 6, 2024 - 8:57 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

Yep I'm beyond priced out on this, but I love looking at these lots. There's a lot of great stuff here, nice to see that VSD Spartacus box there too, lots of Kritzerland, and some Tadlow/Prometheus Recordings too - great lot.

Posted:   Jun 6, 2024 - 7:54 PM   

Damn, it wound up going for $902 USD plus $18.68 shipping and tax. Looks like there were a flurry of last-minute bids, too. If any FSMers won the auction, well done!

Posted:   Jun 7, 2024 - 10:23 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

That's a huge win for Goodwill.

Posted:   Jun 7, 2024 - 5:04 PM   
 By:   TJ   (Member)

$900 is a bargain for all that! That's less than that stuff would have retailed for and most of it is out of print. I'm guessing not a lot of people saw it.

Posted:   Jun 7, 2024 - 7:40 PM   

Assuming it reaches the store...

It's ShopGoodwill, so a thick slice goes to Goodwill of Orange County. And it's Goodwill, so another thick slice goes to Goodwill Industries of Central & Coastal Virginia. The actual folks working in the store won't see a dime of it.

I would have gone $1000 but there were two copies of "Legend of the Lost" and I couldn't justify spending on the redundancy. Even if they were sealed. And it's odd they were ALL sealed...

I noticed a few other dupes too, like some dual Horners. I suspect that this is the collection of a collector who passed away and their family donated the collection failing to recognize the value. Still, good on you for bidding - a collection like this belongs with an enthusiast.

$900 is a bargain for all that! That's less than that stuff would have retailed for and most of it is out of print. I'm guessing not a lot of people saw it.

My back-of-the-envelope math put it at around a $2500-3000 value using Discogs, but some of the higher ticket items like Batman could pay for a substantial portion of the purchase price.

Posted:   Jun 8, 2024 - 8:49 PM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Wow. There was a lot of Golden Age stuff too. The collector had great taste. Had it come to Lukas Kendalls FSM CDs endeavour then it would have been more accessible.
Hoping the new collector will try prying these off on ebay?