Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 4:40 PM   
 By:   Sir David of Garland   (Member)

No 8-track=No Sale.

I used to have JAWS 2 on 8-track.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 4:57 PM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

No 8-track=No Sale.

I used to have JAWS 2 on 8-track.

I remember having Star Wars, Superman, Barry Manilow and ABBA on 8-Track, thats about it!

Posted:   Jun 16, 2024 - 8:53 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

I remember having Star Wars, Superman, Barry Manilow and ABBA on 8-Track, thats about it!

Now, there's a party waiting to happen

Posted:   Jun 16, 2024 - 9:09 AM   
 By:   MD   (Member)

Best way of listening the music.
Just listening great orchestral score on CD composed by Tsuneyoshi Saito for series FAFNER.
Music is performed by Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra.

Posted:   Jun 16, 2024 - 10:20 AM   
 By:   Michael Scorefan   (Member)

I listen to CDs all the time. I have a portable player at work and another in my home office, and they are used just about every day.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 4:31 AM   

I watched a video last night from some British chick who said we need to go back to the cassette tape. It’s the future for music.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pSBQC85ZLEE&si=g0h3IMNg2J6PddOU

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 5:53 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

I get her argument about Tracks being suddenly removed from streaming services, that obviously happens, though her endorsement of tapes, of all things, as an alternative is obviously fueled by simple nostalgia for the format. The music genres she mentioned might even be listenable on tape, but would anyone really want to listen to Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe on Cassette tape?

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 6:39 AM   

I get her argument about Tracks being suddenly removed from streaming services, that obviously happens, though her endorsement of tapes, of all things, as an alternative is obviously fueled by simple nostalgia for the format. The music genres she mentioned might even be listenable on tape, but would anyone really want to listen to Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe on Cassette tape?

It was certainly a breakthrough for its time. It was an especially easy way for inspiring artists to record their music and make it available to record labels and for building a fan base.

But it’s just as easy to record a digital file and share that too. I do agree as most of us physical media fans do, we feel more attached to a physical product.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 7:27 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

I watched a video last night from some British chick who said we need to go back to the cassette tape. It’s the future for music.

That's what is commonly known as a prick. She probably use soap made from badger shit.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 7:39 AM   

That's what is commonly known as a prick. She probably use soap made from badger shit.

LMAO!!! Maybe because I’m not a Brit but I thought she was adorable.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 7:44 AM   

It was certainly a breakthrough for its time. It was an especially easy way for inspiring artists to record their music and make it available to record labels and for building a fan base.

Yeah, cassettes were great at one time, but nowadays, you can get all of the advantages cassettes had and none of the disadvantages by just using files.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 1:02 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

I haven't played them much in recent years, but I'm in the midst of a rather complex listening project now where I will play them all again. And hopefully after that, more regularly.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 4:02 PM   
 By:   Adam.   (Member)

When you rip your CD to your computer hard drive aren't you just copying the information from one spinning disc to another spinning disc? Just a question of which spinning disc you want to listen to? smile

By all means correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2024 - 6:56 PM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

When you rip your CD to your computer hard drive aren't you just copying the information from one spinning disc to another spinning disc? Just a question of which spinning disc you want to listen to? smile

Unless it’s a solid state drive, they don’t spin.

Posted:   Jun 18, 2024 - 1:18 AM   

Unless it’s a solid state drive, they don’t spin.

All true. In any case, whether you play a CD (or SACD, or whatever), or listen from a hard drive (not matter which one), you will be playing the exact same bits and bytes (unless you use lossy compression, of course).