Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 10:03 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

yawn.

But i guess good for those that care.

Indeed! smile

Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 10:16 AM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

Warner Bros. is licensing their titles again. It has to be.

I still wanted it to be this, but congrats for everyone who was waiting for the release.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 10:33 AM   
 By:   ShadowStar   (Member)

Warner Bros. is licensing their titles again. It has to be.

I still wanted it to be this, but congrats for everyone who was waiting for the release.

Happy about The Sugarland Express and have ordered a copy, but I will admit that, yes, I'd love for some Warner Bros. titles to be released as well, if and when possible.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 11:13 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Maybe they're returning to Quinn Martin territory and releasing the music* for Death Ray 2000/T.R. Sloane of the Secret Service (aka the pilot movie for what became A Man Called Sloane after Fred Silverman stuck his hand in) It's spy stuff...

*No one's credited on the actual TVM.

"Death Ray 2000" is -- unless there is a partial score composed for it -- a track job of library music, including:

"Fugitive"
By: Johnny Pearson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAHfZlBg95E

Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 11:59 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

"Death Ray 2000" is -- unless there is a partial score composed for it -- a track job of library music, including:

"Fugitive"
By: Johnny Pearson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAHfZlBg95E

Not even the QM regulars at the time (Don Bagley, Ralph Kessler etc) were let near this? Harsh.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2024 - 12:06 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

It wasn't uncommon for pilots from any studio to not have an original score. The feature length pilot -- for another example -- to "The Rookies" has no credited composer (I double checked visually -- the IMDb credit is false) and is presumably a track job. There are some cases, presumably rare, where a composer does do a full or partial score, but gets no credit.