Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 17, 2024 - 8:44 PM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

Thank you Guv.

I haunt this board far too much, and somehow missed this completely.

Always sad to lose one of our tightly knit community, no matter how one is received and or viewed by the collective....

Posted:   Jul 17, 2024 - 11:43 PM   
 By:   MMM   (Member)

Everyone is rightfully happy about Frank's complete score and some new Mancini, but I predict you folks are gonna LOVE Stein's and Lava's contributions to KEYSTONE. I have some of the original tracks and they're simply amazingly brilliant. So much creativity went into this score.

Posted:   Jul 18, 2024 - 5:13 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

And has anybody else noticed the "Late Pledge" option? I don't remember seeing that available on past campaigns...

It's a new KS feature.

Posted:   Jul 18, 2024 - 6:29 AM   
 By:   W. David Lichty [Lorien]   (Member)

Everyone is rightfully happy about Frank's complete score and some new Mancini, but I predict you folks are gonna LOVE Stein's and Lava's contributions to KEYSTONE. I have some of the original tracks and they're simply amazingly brilliant. So much creativity went into this score.

Gee whiz, if that's real (I can't see it, likely because I've pledged, but why would anyone lie?), then since this is now definitely happening, I encourage others to jump aboard. I know other Kickstarters in our field are frustrating people, but these guys have a track record. Intrada have a strong Kickstarter history, Bill has already been posting his work on the scores - it's a done deal! And 20 bucks all in is a good deal too, for, now, a 70+ minute CD.

Posted:   Jul 18, 2024 - 1:25 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Now that's interesting because we all know the original Keystone Kops did their thing in the silent era and William Lava, coincidentally, created a wonderful, original, old-fashioned piano score for the Buster Keaton silent film moments in TZ's "Once Upon a Time." Sophisticated bit of aural and audio film wit in that one.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2024 - 12:39 AM   
 By:   MMM   (Member)

Lava wrote some silent piano music for this movie, as well as full-orchestral cues.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2024 - 1:08 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

Lava wrote some silent piano music.

But nobody could hear it. BOOM! Boom!

Posted:   Jul 19, 2024 - 4:15 AM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

I don’t know how the late pledge option on Kickstarter works, but it’s certainly given this an extra boost. I just checked the page to double check what date they were tentatively planning on doing the recording and found that someone actually went for the $10,000 tier, which I don’t recall ever having any takers while the campaign was still active (the tally is now $76,049).

Posted:   Jul 19, 2024 - 6:26 AM   
 By:   TJ   (Member)

I don’t know how the late pledge option on Kickstarter works, but it’s certainly given this an extra boost. I just checked the page to double check what date they were tentatively planning on doing the recording and found that someone actually went for the $10,000 tier, which I don’t recall ever having any takers while the campaign was still active (the tally is now $76,049).

Indeed. Good for Intrada!

Posted:   Jul 19, 2024 - 8:47 AM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Lava wrote some silent piano music for this movie, as well as full-orchestral cues.

Ah, good to know. Gracias. Rewatched the TZ ep cited last night. Am really curious about the movie music so just reserved the DVD from the local library (obviously will be the first time seeing A&CMTKK). Which is in keeping with the see-it-before-hearing-it SOP.