Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 7, 2024 - 10:47 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

Maybe we're better organised than you Muricans?!

Posted:   Jul 7, 2024 - 10:50 AM   
 By:   Doug Raynes   (Member)

Riddle me this. How can the most recent Club CDs be available and shipping in Europe and yet they still haven't in North America.

The ones from Varese International are packaged in UK and possibly pressed in UK/Europe. The jewel case with a central cut out area, is different in design to US jewel cases. The only similar ones I have are those from Prometheus.

Posted:   Jul 7, 2024 - 10:50 AM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

Maybe we're better organised than you Muricans?!

Seems a pretty even race to the bottom - accelerated in fact - by the looks of it. Gotta be something else.

Posted:   Jul 7, 2024 - 12:16 PM   

Maybe the US are waiting for more copies to arrive, as the initial batch had no faults.smile

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 4:13 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

A hopeful sign that the 2 Varese Club titles may be arriving very soon. They are no longer listed at SAE as pre-order.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2024 - 5:18 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

A hopeful sign that the 2 Varese Club titles may be arriving very soon. They are no longer listed at SAE as pre-order.

I got an email yesterday morning that they were shipped.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2024 - 5:23 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

The jewel case with a central cut out area, is different in design to US jewel cases. The only similar ones I have are those from Prometheus.

Oh, interesting, really? Only Varèse Sarabande or generally? Never noticed that. What would I have to check for? I should have European and US Varèse CDs.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2024 - 5:57 AM   
 By:   Doug Raynes   (Member)

The jewel case with a central cut out area, is different in design to US jewel cases. The only similar ones I have are those from Prometheus.

Oh, interesting, really? Only Varèse Sarabande or generally? Never noticed that. What would I have to check for? I should have European and US Varèse CDs.

The front of the jewel case which folds out, where the booklet is housed. At top and bottom is a sort of cut out section, which fits into the corresponding part of the jewel case. I’ve only seen that design on some European label CDs.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2024 - 6:21 AM   

Anyway....................

Posted:   Jul 12, 2024 - 7:24 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

The front of the jewel case which folds out, where the booklet is housed. At top and bottom is a sort of cut out section, which fits into the corresponding part of the jewel case. I’ve only seen that design on some European label CDs.

Interesting.... I never noticed that. I mean, sure I've noticed that some CDs have a "third" cutout section in the middle and some don't, but I never made the connection that one is European and one is American.