Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 28, 2020 - 7:41 AM   
 By:   paulhickling   (Member)

There were indeed positives to last night's episode. Full of incident, nice space fx (sadly some lesser ones too), plenty of reveals so it wasn't boring. Even the lead actor was less scatty. Not a story in itself, more a part one. Companions weren't as wasted considering where they went at first.

Of course it's all part of the great retcon. Heard about the controversial side of this one, and naturally for an older fan hate it. Will reserve total judgement until the end of series to see how it pans out. But it was becoming like the Doctor Who version of the female Ghostbusters and we all know what happened there.

I am praying it's not that retcon. What I'm hoping for is a parallel. I'd be more comfortable with that.

Oh dear....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jo-martin-first-black-doctor-21373790

"Definitely The Doctor confirms show boss".

Posted:   Jan 28, 2020 - 7:58 AM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Oh dear....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jo-martin-first-black-doctor-21373790

"Definitely The Doctor confirms show boss".

In that interview, Chibnall also says that Jack isn't back this season. That's rubbish. The Gloucester Judoon scenes were shot in May 2019 (as per media reports at the time). The Barrowman scenes were shot FOUR MONTHS LATER, in September/October 2019 (as per his cover story on Instagram), by a different director - who just so happens to be directing the final two episodes of the season. Mark my words - Barrowman will be back for the finale. Probably along with the new Doctor, the Master, Gallifrey, the Judoon, and whoever hired the Judoon. So if Chibnall was lying about Captain Jack not appearing again, then why not lie about this new Doctor, too? That's just my theory of course.

It has been suggested that Chibnall was telling that Mirror reporter all that stuff because she'd already leaked S13 story details in previous Mirror articles... I doubt he's particularly pleased with her.