Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 10:47 AM   
 By:   Saul Pincus   (Member)

It always mystifies me when Nielsen happily tells the composer the score does everything a score is supposed to do when to me it does not relate to what's going on in the film-within-a-film...I sort of expect him to go ballistic and accuse Jerry of going too far in his own direction.

Agreed Jeff. I saw this last night, and though they've obviously cast Nielsen in the role of 60's father figure, what he said made me choke on two levels. One, the appropriateness of the score to the action of the film-within-a-film. And two, that he actually has morals.

Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 11:13 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

I wonder if the recordings for this survive in the Fox vaults...

Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 11:31 AM   
 By:   Dylan   (Member)

Does anybody know if the situation has improved in regards to soundtrack/blu-ray labels licensing Fox material now owned by Disney? I can't imagine a release of "Bracken's World" happening until Disney loosens up, but I don't know what the current situation is.

Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 1:24 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Great to see you in this thread, manderley! Been missing your regular posts.

Do you recall any other scores for the series standing out to you or your friend at the time? Besides the Goldsmith score, IMDb lists David Rose (7 episodes), Jack Elliott, Robert Drasnin, Harry Geller, Hugo Montenegro (2 episodes each), and Alexander Courage, Warren Barker, Lennie Hayton, Arthur Morton, and Fred Steiner with one each. This list may be incomplete since, as you observed, the series has never been released...

Yavar

Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 4:27 PM   
 By:   Dylan   (Member)

On my end, I recall every episode I watched having great music. Now I'm thinking about season 1, episode 2, "Panic," by David Rose I believe, having some great dramatic scoring and a wonderful, rousing (and distinctly '60s) cue accompanying a horseback ride.

Posted:   Nov 21, 2020 - 6:25 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Sounds like this could make a cool two disc set from the Fox vaults (maybe one disc per season?)

Yavar