Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 30, 2018 - 9:11 AM   
 By:   Jeff Bond   (Member)

My offer stands firm at one MILLION dollars!

Posted:   Nov 30, 2018 - 9:22 AM   
 By:   other tallguy   (Member)

My offer stands firm at one MILLION dollars!

What is that in quatloos?

Posted:   Nov 30, 2018 - 9:39 AM   
 By:   Scott M (Oldsmith)   (Member)

The way I remember it, Jeff Bond said at some point that, taking into account the months he spent working on the book, and the money he eventually made on it, he would have done better financially by working at McDonald's. Meaning: it's a miracle we got even one edition of this great book. And I say that as someone who bought two copies when it first came out, one as a gift.

But man, it we didn't get this book, would we have gotten the famous "bottlecaps" quote from Jerry Goldsmith?

Posted:   Nov 30, 2018 - 10:46 AM   
 By:   johnonymous86   (Member)

If anyone else is looking for this at a reasonable price, I just got an excellent copy - the seller still has one more left. Here's the link, and a shot of my copy. The copy is an ex-library book which has been culled, the copy I got was pulled from the Chicago Music and Performing Arts Library.

Just bought the last copy! Thanks for the tip!

Posted:   Nov 30, 2018 - 6:46 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

The public library culled it?
Ouch!
That is cold.

Posted:   Dec 1, 2018 - 8:59 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

I have a copy that I'd sell in a Goldsmith minute if anyone's interested.

Posted:   Mar 13, 2019 - 7:21 PM   
 By:   losher22   (Member)

Hey Jim, still interested in selling your copy, if you still have it? What kind of condition is it in and what kind of price did you have in mind? Please send me an email (address in profile) if you’re so willing, my friend!

Posted:   Mar 13, 2019 - 7:48 PM   

Hey Jim, still interested in selling your copy, if you still have it? What kind of condition is it in and what kind of price did you have in mind? Please send me an email (address in profile) if you’re so willing, my friend!

Phelps has been 'disavowed'

Posted:   Mar 14, 2019 - 8:15 PM   
 By:   losher22   (Member)

What does that mean, Bruce? I apologize for my ignorance!

Posted:   Mar 14, 2019 - 10:28 PM   

What does that mean, Bruce? I apologize for my ignorance!

Phelps is a screen name for a television character from MISSION IMPOSSIBLE . Watch any episode to see the reference .
He doesn't post here anymore

Posted:   Mar 14, 2019 - 11:36 PM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

I need this book. I am the biggest Trekkie around. Its a shame it was out of print before I even knew about it.

Posted:   Mar 15, 2019 - 2:19 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

The book is great; years ago, I even looked into a deal to have it translated into German; but the ones in charge at the publisher left for another house, and so priorities changed, so it never got anywhere.

Posted:   Mar 15, 2019 - 10:14 AM   

The book is great; years ago, I even looked into a deal to have it translated into German; but the ones in charge at the publisher left for another house, and so priorities changed, so it never got anywhere.

DasTrek

Posted:   Mar 15, 2019 - 10:46 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

I need this book. I am the biggest Trekkie around. Its a shame it was out of print before I even knew about it.

You can always check out a copy from your local library, as there's 3 copies in LA. wink I would have done that if I was in your shoes. The closest copy to me in Canada was over 5 hours drive away, and only available in reference libraries.

https://ls2pac.lapl.org/?section=resource&resourceid=26372614

Posted:   Mar 15, 2019 - 10:57 AM   
 By:   mastadge   (Member)

You can always check out a copy from your local library, as there's 3 copies in LA. wink I would have done that if I was in your shoes. The closest copy to me in Canada was over 5 hours drive away, and only available in reference libraries.

Do you have an interlibrary loan system in Canada? Here most libraries are able to request titles at least from regional-ish libraries and many, for free or for a small fee, will request anything in WORLDCAT, or at least anything in the nation in WORLDCAT.

Posted:   Mar 15, 2019 - 11:19 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

Do you have an interlibrary loan system in Canada? Here most libraries are able to request titles at least from regional-ish libraries and many, for free or for a small fee, will request anything in WORLDCAT, or at least anything in the nation in WORLDCAT.

We do, but if an item is only available within a 'Reference' area of the library it must stay on premises, and cannot be sent interlibrary. Here in Ottawa with a public library card, I can enhance it to a Smart card and get access to the two university libraries, College Libraries, and Library and Archives Canada - all which don't sadly have this book. I bought a second hand copy late last year for about the equivalent of $30CAD.