Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 13, 2019 - 7:11 AM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

Just to give people here a small heads up. WCNews recently started their own stream called All Wings Considered and tomorrow night they'll be doing a group watch and commentary of the Wing Commander movie for the 20th anniversary.

"It's almost time for another episode of ALL WINGS CONSIDERED! For our fourth episode we'll be celebrating twenty years of the Wing Commander movie with a group watch. Join us this Thursday, March 14th, at 7 PM Eastern US Time (4 PM Pacific) on YouTube and Discord; be sure to bring a copy of the movie to watch along with us!"

https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/14519

Posted:   Mar 13, 2019 - 8:09 AM   
 By:   Kevin Costigan   (Member)

Would LOVE to see Wing Commander expanded. Over an hour of score in the film.

I love the main theme...with one critique. It lacks a grand coda.

I compare the Overture to the Main Titles for Wrath of Khan. All brassy till it trails off into the opening of the film. At least Wrath of Khan had a great End Titles.

I wonder if something with a grander finish was recorded, or could be created editorally.

Either way, bring it on!

Posted:   Mar 13, 2019 - 9:18 AM   
 By:   Shock-Wave   (Member)

Would LOVE to see Wing Commander expanded. Over an hour of score in the film.

I love the main theme...with one critique. It lacks a grand coda.

I compare the Overture to the Main Titles for Wrath of Khan. All brassy till it trails off into the opening of the film. At least Wrath of Khan had a great End Titles.

I wonder if something with a grander finish was recorded, or could be created editorally.

Either way, bring it on!

Thank you Kevin Costigan for the support. I am a novice regarding the music industry/sdtk business side. I am hoping maybe 1000 units and perhaps a limited signed autographs CD copies by either or Arnold or Kiner?

Just thinking off the top of my head.