Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 6, 2013 - 8:57 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

I'm enjoying a lot of the music so far. I think there is plenty of room for a satisfying score release down the line.

Posted:   Jan 7, 2014 - 5:14 PM   
 By:   mastadge   (Member)

This weeks vlog is a couple minutes of score:

Posted:   Jan 7, 2014 - 11:02 PM   
 By:   jb1234   (Member)

I haven't decided whether the music is really boring or if it's just mixed really low in the episodes, but Bear's work isn't impressing me all that much. Some of the action licks are okay but nothing that we haven't already heard in "Human Target" and the rest is meant to propel the exposition scenes along, with heavy electronics and a steady beat. Not my thing.

The stiff nature of the show probably isn't helping matters. It's content to be a stodgy procedural when the source material opens up so many more possibilities.

Posted:   Jan 8, 2014 - 8:05 PM   
 By:   musicpaladin2007   (Member)

I haven't decided whether the music is really boring or if it's just mixed really low in the episodes, but Bear's work isn't impressing me all that much. Some of the action licks are okay but nothing that we haven't already heard in "Human Target" and the rest is meant to propel the exposition scenes along, with heavy electronics and a steady beat. Not my thing.

The stiff nature of the show probably isn't helping matters. It's content to be a stodgy procedural when the source material opens up so many more possibilities.

I feel like as the show is developing its own mythology it's getting better... especially the last episode in particular was a standout to me.

I do agree that at a lot of times the music is being mixed low. I catch some great stuff but you really have to listen to hear it.

Posted:   Jan 9, 2014 - 12:39 PM   
 By:   GOLDSMITHDAKING   (Member)

People are still watching this? Really?

How could this show have managed to suck so badly? Its Marvel! Joss Whedon! But it sucks so bad!

I gave up after 2 episodes.

Posted:   Jan 9, 2014 - 1:10 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

How could this show have managed to suck so badly? Its Marvel! Joss Whedon! But it sucks so bad!

You got to give it a chance like me. I gave up after 4 episodes.

Posted:   Jan 9, 2014 - 1:23 PM   
 By:   Ford A. Thaxton   (Member)

Well I didn't and it's getting quite good.

Bear's scores are great and the show is starting to get it's sea legs.

Ford A. Thaxton

Posted:   Jan 9, 2014 - 2:30 PM   
 By:   johnbijl   (Member)

Ford A. Thaxton

Agreed on both points!

Posted:   Jan 9, 2014 - 7:55 PM   
 By:   musicpaladin2007   (Member)

Ford A. Thaxton

Agreed on both points!

Read somewhere that although the ratings are not great, it is still the highest rated new drama in four years for ABC (though admittedly, I think the show they are referencing is the reboot of V), and that it is doing decently for its night.

Posted:   Jan 9, 2014 - 9:10 PM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

I'm sticking with it, and when Channel 4 eventually brings it back I'll be watching.