Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 27, 2018 - 8:54 AM   
 By:   digitalfreaknyc   (Member)

I'm fine with the current Crimson Tide release. I'd LOVE an expanded, remastered of "A League of Their Own". Probably the best big band score for a baseball movie in my opinion.

Another Shirley Walker special! Totally crazy that it hasn't come out yet!

I recall Intrada saying that they have/are looked/looking at it. I think the issue may have something to do with Madonna.

No reason to think that. "This Used To Be My Playground" wasn't included in the official release and there's no reason to think it would be included here.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2018 - 1:45 PM   
 By:   Martin B.   (Member)

I'm fine with the current Crimson Tide release. I'd LOVE an expanded, remastered of "A League of Their Own". Probably the best big band score for a baseball movie in my opinion.

Another Shirley Walker special! Totally crazy that it hasn't come out yet!

I recall Intrada saying that they have/are looked/looking at it. I think the issue may have something to do with Madonna.

No reason to think that. "This Used To Be My Playground" wasn't included in the official release and there's no reason to think it would be included here.

Just based on a comment over on Intrada forums where Doug mentioned “And one of these days I swear I'm gonna make it happen for her. The whole enchilada... with or without Madonna’s consent.”

Posted:   Feb 28, 2018 - 9:08 AM   
 By:   other tallguy   (Member)

Girls can't play ball!

They can, but there's no crying in baseball.

Posted:   Feb 28, 2018 - 1:55 PM   
 By:   digitalfreaknyc   (Member)

Just based on a comment over on Intrada forums where Doug mentioned “And one of these days I swear I'm gonna make it happen for her. The whole enchilada... with or without Madonna’s consent.”

Just saw it. Interesting. The only consent she would need, IF THAT, would be the artwork, possibly? And the Blu-ray was re-released. There's nothing she did that would require her consent.