Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 10:51 AM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

Playing it now I hear some "Lair" in the score. cool

Absolutely! "Scorpion King" fits right in with Cutthroat Island and Lair as being one of his most adventurous scores big grin

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 2:33 PM   
 By:   Per   (Member)

Well, it has (36 track; 93:18 [there's also a shorter version, at about 54 minutes]; no, I don't have it), but let us think of a legit version.

Sure you'er not thinking of Klaus Badelt's score to the 2nd film on the 36 tracks one ?

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 2:35 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

No.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 2:36 PM   

Some years back I purchased (from Intrada maybe?) what was described as a "Composer Promo" of the score. It did indeed have extra tracks. Even combining the two CDs, however, leaves us short of the full score. There are 21 unique tracks between them (vs. 14 on the Varese release).

I would certainly be interested in a proper release of the full score. Lots of fun to be had.

Probably this promo ?

www.soundtrack.net/album/the-scorpion-king-promo/

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 2:37 PM   

No.

Just wondering, since it matches on the second in length with the Badelt score.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 2:42 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Any potential errors are not my own; I am just re-printing information from elsewhere.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2020 - 4:49 PM   
 By:   Manakin Skywalker   (Member)

No offense but did Cecilia Giménez make your avatar? big grin

Yes! How did you know? cool

Posted:   Feb 16, 2020 - 2:33 PM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

Just rewatched this. The OST runs 35:59, the movie runs 92:00, and the movie is scored almost wall-to-wall. I would definitely say there’s a ton of unreleased music that would really flesh out the score. Varese, where you at?? Lol

Posted:   Feb 17, 2020 - 5:37 AM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

Some years back I purchased (from Intrada maybe?) what was described as a "Composer Promo" of the score. It did indeed have extra tracks. Even combining the two CDs, however, leaves us short of the full score. There are 21 unique tracks between them (vs. 14 on the Varese release).

I would certainly be interested in a proper release of the full score. Lots of fun to be had.

Probably this promo ?

www.soundtrack.net/album/the-scorpion-king-promo/

That's the one I have, would welcome a new release.