Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 3, 2020 - 9:49 AM   
 By:   Travis   (Member)

I enjoyed putting together a collection of my favorites from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies awhile back. Here's my first attempt at a highlights compilation:

Posted:   Nov 3, 2020 - 10:36 AM   
 By:   Sepp Santana   (Member)

Hi!

What about Intrada's overlong Dora the Explorer shorten to a 40-45 min. arranged album?

Posted:   Nov 3, 2020 - 10:52 AM   
 By:   Tom Guernsey   (Member)

I'm the same.
The 3 scores (6 DISCS!!) are waiting for me to give them a proper 'sit-down/play/select my fave tracks' listen, but I haven't got around to it yet.
The 'boredom memories' of the films hasn't helped.

Or 12 if you consider the expanded versions... but try not to consider those. I only got through the first 2 films, sure the other will get watched, eventually.

Posted:   Nov 3, 2020 - 11:05 AM   
 By:   Tom Guernsey   (Member)

DP!

Posted:   Nov 3, 2020 - 11:10 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

I'm thinking about doing an edit of James Horner's JUMANJI, just so I can call it...

The Sarah Whittle Edition

smile

Come on, man.

Posted:   Nov 3, 2020 - 11:29 AM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

Hi Shaun...I love you too (man) xx

Posted:   Nov 5, 2020 - 7:38 PM   
 By:   Chris Malone   (Member)

I like reading these interpretations on how to ‘convert’ a C&C score to A&A or, at least, create a favourite program. Film music seems to be the one musical world where—thanks to our beloved labels—we often get opportunity to go beyond what was on records issued contemporaneously with a film.

Chris

Posted:   Nov 5, 2020 - 8:07 PM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

I like reading these interpretations on how to ‘convert’ a C&C score to A&A or, at least, create a favourite program. Film music seems to be the one musical world where—thanks to our beloved labels—we often get opportunity to go beyond what was on records issued contemporaneously with a film.

Chris

It is absolutely unique in that regard! I guess the closest comparison is when you create your own "greatest hits" compilation of your favorite pop band's songs.