Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 1, 2019 - 7:16 PM   
 By:   RustyNail   (Member)

In case anybody is curious this came in a jewel case and not a digipack.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 8:30 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Thanks, but what country? Seems US gets the digipacks and Europe and Asia gets jewel cases when there is an option.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 9:12 AM   
 By:   RustyNail   (Member)

Thanks, but what country? Seems US gets the digipacks and Europe and Asia gets jewel cases when there is an option.

United States

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 9:14 AM   

United States

Awesome! Waiting for my pre-order to be fulfilled.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 11:03 AM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Listened to the score on Spotify yesterday and then spent some time just listening to the suite on repeat. My initial reaction was I loved how lush the orchestration was. I also love the addition of prominent choral works. While I'm not yet hooked, I can tell I will grow into this score with repeated listens. I got the FLAC download from 7Digital this morning, only 10.99! It is certainly more heavily classical inspired than the previous scores, but I am glad that the mix is still excellently done like the second score.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 11:58 AM   
 By:   richsto   (Member)

Where did you order the CD? Anyone in the US receive an actual CD? Would much rather have it than the digital download - unless it becomes available in hi-resolution.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 12:43 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Where did you order the CD? Anyone in the US receive an actual CD? Would much rather have it than the digital download - unless it becomes available in hi-resolution.

The download on 7Digital is in CD quality. Not 24 bit but should sound the same as a CD.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 12:48 PM   

Understand thanks. The hi res version would be nice but don’t know if there is a release planned.

Tempting to download but I am partial to the shiny silver disc and liner notes. smile If anyone in the US has ordered or received the CD I am most interested in where and when..

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 3:13 PM   
 By:   Turbo   (Member)

Preordered from amazon, arrived yesterday. Not digipack.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Train-Your-Dragon-Soundtrack/dp/B07MPK2DM8

Posted:   Feb 2, 2019 - 3:32 PM   

Preordered from amazon, arrived yesterday. Not digipack.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Train-Your-Dragon-Soundtrack/dp/B07MPK2DM8

Thank you...don’t know how I missed this. Searching for CD releases on Amazon is difficult lately. Ordered.

Posted:   Feb 4, 2019 - 5:58 AM   
 By:   scottweberpdx   (Member)

I had pre-ordered on iTunes a week or two ago for the bonus track...so I downloaded the rest of the score on Friday and have been listening to it all weekend. At first, I actually wasn't as impressed as I had hoped to be (the curse of high expectations). However, after giving it a fair chance and several listens, I find myself really enjoying it. It's really, really well-written...I find myself stopping to admire the sheer quality of the writing from time to time. I think the new theme(s) just didn't grab me at first...but they have grown on me and I think this score takes is place as a solid finale to the series...especially with the final half-dozen cues delivering a satisfying conclusion.

Posted:   Feb 4, 2019 - 8:27 AM   

Giving this a second listen. The beginning seems kinda slow, six tracks in and still not grabbing me. This looks like the first Dragons score that will need some whittling.

Posted:   Feb 4, 2019 - 1:29 PM   
 By:   moviescore1   (Member)

Took my kids to see an early screening of the movie this past weekend and they loved it. After seeing the movie, I have a greater appreciation for the score. It works great within the film and they ended the series in a really good way. My only gripe would be that the music doesn't have a big finale like Dragon 2 did. I wanted a really big finish and I feel like it ends so abruptly. These three scores are fantastic works and Powell should be proud of himself. They make for a great listening experience.

Posted:   Feb 8, 2019 - 9:25 PM   
 By:   JeffG   (Member)

As a note, the CD doesn't contain the suite that ends the digital releases, but that track is available in Flac individually from 7Digital for $2.49. I probably would have just bought the whole album on Flac instead of ordering the CD if I had realized that ahead of time, but it was good to be able to get the missing track in lossless without having to buy the whole album.

Posted:   Feb 10, 2019 - 8:36 AM   
 By:   Adam Krysinski   (Member)

A 12-minute suite from the first movie, performed live in front of 15.000 people during Krakow Film Music Festival 2016:

Posted:   Feb 10, 2019 - 9:24 AM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I guess there is an audience for symphonic scores with great themes written in a contemporary style!!!!!!!!

Posted:   Feb 10, 2019 - 9:57 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Still waiting for my copy of Dragon 3 to be shipped by Amazon UK, although I was promised by two different representatives it would arrive on Feb 1st!

Posted:   Feb 17, 2019 - 1:26 PM   
 By:   JamesSouthall   (Member)

My review of the album:

http://www.movie-wave.net/how-to-train-your-dragon-the-hidden-world/