Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 8:30 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Great to see this CD. More George Bruns is always welcomed. I remember seeing the film on TV on the Disney show in the early 1960's. I hope this CD will sell well and Intrada will issue on CD's more Disney scores from the 1950's and 1960's.

That would be fantastic PFK. Fingers crossed and candles lighting!

Light a candle for me Niall! smile

Some Disney Golden Age scores I'd love to see: Davy Crockett films, Westward Ho the Wagons, The Great Locomotive Chase, In Search of the Castaways, Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island etc.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 9:50 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Let's not forget the music and songs from Disney animated features of the 40 's like MAKE MINE MUSIC , FUN AND FANCY FREE and MELODY TIME. I remember Dennis Day singing in the Johnny Appleseed episode . I think the title of the song was The Lord is Good to Me. And then there was Two Silhouettes beautifully sung by Dinah Shore . THE Andrews Sisters in the Johnny Fedora/ Alice Blue Bonnet episode. Benny Goodman's cool music of teens jiving in the 40 's. I am very lucky to have these films in my movie collections totally unedited. Movies and soundtracks have been my main leisure interests since my school days.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 9:53 PM   
 By:   gmontag451   (Member)

Having listened to the samples, I realize that the film score is not actually what Disney used to play in Liberty Square in Florida. (They lied to me!) Some of the same themes, but quite different arrangements.

Posted:   Mar 13, 2019 - 4:40 PM   
 By:   PigmaskColonel   (Member)

Can't believe I missed news of this until today. I'm ecstatic to see Intrada's back at it with vintage Disney...
Hope the wait for the next title isn't quite so long. We haven't had anything of this caliber since 20,000 Leagues, if my memory serves me.

Great Release!!! How about "Old Yeller" and Paul Smith's scores for the True-Life Adventures series. Thank you, Intrada!!!!!

Seconded!