Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 13, 2012 - 8:26 AM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

More opinions on Black Rain after you have received the CD?

Posted:   Oct 13, 2012 - 9:29 AM   
 By:   pzfan   (Member)

It's still dull.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2012 - 2:08 AM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

It's still dull.

Idiot.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2012 - 2:15 AM   
 By:   governor   (Member)

A wonderful experience, great great score. Nice to hear the score without the edits from the Virgin ost (which I enjoy a lot nevertheless).

Posted:   Dec 27, 2012 - 8:24 PM   
 By:   Mike Skerritt   (Member)

Finally getting a chance now to dig into the guts of the BLACK RAIN release, and I have to say:

1) It's great having the film cues but hearing them now side by side, you get an appreciation for what a masterful presentation of the score is Zimmer's album suite, and

2) These bonus cues are fantastic, especially Shirley Walker's "Airplane Muzak"

I'd never noticed the seed of his God theme from PRINCE OF EGYPT, the descending four-note motif heard in "Masa's Reprimand" and "Charlie Loses His Head."

The film version of "Charlie Loses His Head" is a welcome surprise, the extra time giving the cue more room to breathe at the start and in the transition from Nick's theme to the famous raid on the apartment cue.

Posted:   Feb 7, 2014 - 12:23 PM   
 By:   Jonathan   (Member)

Just to let people know: There is a low stock alert on the LLL website. It's a real gem. Get it while you can. I'm glad the Zimmer is selling well, even though I thought I would see the low quantity way earlier...