Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 3, 2021 - 2:03 PM   
 By:   ray1992   (Member)

I finally watched the film today, and I really liked the score - just how it sounds in the film.

Posted:   May 3, 2021 - 5:00 PM   
 By:   Damian   (Member)

I'll explain it here. The legal cue sheet for the film credits every single original X-Men cue to Michael Kamen.

What about the unoriginal ones, then? smile

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 6:56 AM   
 By:   ShadowStar   (Member)

I hope that we will get a sneak peek at the packaging, discs, art work etc. shortly. Sometimes LLLR does that -- it used to be a Black Friday only thing, I think, but lately they have done that for other releases as well, like Casper last August. smile Fingers crossed for a glimpse on social media soon!

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 6:59 AM   
 By:   jwb1   (Member)

I hope that we will get a sneak peek at the packaging, discs, art work etc. shortly. Sometimes LLLR does that -- it used to be a Black Friday only thing, I think, but lately they have done that for other releases as well, like Casper last August. smile Fingers crossed for a glimpse on social media soon!

It will probably be in the newsletter they send out just before release day.

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 12:20 PM   
 By:   GOLDSMITHDAKING   (Member)

Never liked the score to this one.Easily the worst score of the entire X franchise.

Although from what i heard it may not have been entirely Kamens fault.

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 12:43 PM   
 By:   BornOfAJackal   (Member)

The New Album: Every Kamen fan and beyond should buy it.

The Movie: An exact delineation of the moment Hollywood jumped the shark on Costumed Hero Movies, team or solo. It's been all downhill since (And yes, Marvel--the Disney division--has led the way downward).

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 4:07 PM   
 By:   csista   (Member)

The Movie: An exact delineation of the moment Hollywood jumped the shark on Costumed Hero Movies, team or solo. It's been all downhill since (And yes, Marvel--the Disney division--has led the way downward).

What costumed hero movies? The only comic book movies of any significance before X-Men were some Supermans and Batmans. Granted, two of those are legitimate classics, but as a film genre after X-Men is when it actually kicked in to high gear.

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 8:14 PM   
 By:   Grack21   (Member)

Yeah X-men is considered the film that actually showed Hollywood costumed hero movies could be done and be profitable outside of Batman. Heck I think it even helped Marvel out of bankruptcy.

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 9:26 PM   
 By:   Ed   (Member)

Don't forget BLADE. That film's positive reception loosened Fox's purse strings a little for X-MEN.

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 9:33 PM   
 By:   D4Disgruntled   (Member)

So excited for this release. It will be a birthday gift to myself by that time.

Posted:   May 4, 2021 - 11:27 PM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

Is that you, Marty?

Posted:   May 5, 2021 - 12:49 AM   
 By:   Nicholas_DW   (Member)

after X-Men is when it actually kicked in to high gear.

Spider-Man (2002) surely galvanized it too. I remember everyone being shocked at how huge it was at the box office.