Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 17, 2019 - 4:15 PM   
 By:   Marcato   (Member)

MV, do you have anything special planned for the 30th anniversary of BATMAN?

I would very much welcome A re-issue of the 2cd-set with disc one having the ‘better element’ and that stupid cross fade removed from JOKER FLIES to Gotham and Batwing I

Posted:   Feb 17, 2019 - 4:20 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

What's up with Universal Film Music Heritage;especially TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA ? I like premiere releases. Can't afford endless recycling of scores that were issued before under the guise of improved sound or a few more minutes of music never issued before.

Maybe you don't like them or cant afford them but folks who purchased Superman just paid for 8 future projects.

TWO MULES this Summer

MV

Well MV, if all the people who bought your newly issued SUPERMAN CD allows you to do things like a Miklos Rozsa at Universal box-set or a full orchestral score from Universal's epic TV series CENTENNIAL composed by John Addison, then I wish you good fortune.

I think the one Golden Age composer who would sell the best today would be Miklos Rozsa.

ROZSA AT UNIVERSAL would be one fanstatic box!

Posted:   Feb 17, 2019 - 5:11 PM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

What's up with Universal Film Music Heritage;especially TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA ? I like premiere releases. Can't afford endless recycling of scores that were issued before under the guise of improved sound or a few more minutes of music never issued before.

Maybe you don't like them or cant afford them but folks who purchased Superman just paid for 8 future projects.

TWO MULES this Summer

MV

Well MV, if all the people who bought your newly issued SUPERMAN CD allows you to do things like a Miklos Rozsa at Universal box-set or a full orchestral score from Universal's epic TV series CENTENNIAL composed by John Addison, then I wish you good fortune.

I think the one Golden Age composer who would sell the best today would be Miklos Rozsa.

I think Herrmann sells just as well as Rozsa (I still can’t get over how fast the Herrmann at Fox set sold out even though it’s been eight years), though I fear whatever unreleased Herrmanns from the Universal vaults have been taken by Stylotone.

Posted:   Feb 17, 2019 - 7:40 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

TWO MULES this Summer

MV

I think Herrmann sells just as well as Rozsa (I still can’t get over how fast the Herrmann at Fox set sold out even though it’s been eight years), though I fear whatever unreleased Herrmanns from the Universal vaults have been taken by Stylotone.

Yes Herrmann also is a Golden Age composer who has cross-over to younger collectors too. Herrmann crossed-over in the 70's, Rozsa maybe the last decade or so. Yea, if Stylotone has the rights to the Herrmann Universal it will take years if we ever see the scores at all.